• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Magic 200

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Field hockey is meant for high school girls in miniskirts. Real men strap on the skates. Razz
I'd like you to say that to the girls when they have their sticks in their hands mate. Wink

Have you seen female ice hockey players? Hell, do you want to mess with me when I've got my gear on? Wink I will take you down.

People get their faces sliced off in ice hockey! People crack their skulls open! The puck goes 80mph! It's basically the best thing ever.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Field hockey is meant for high school girls in miniskirts. Real men strap on the skates. Razz
I'd like you to say that to the girls when they have their sticks in their hands mate. Wink

Have you seen female ice hockey players? Hell, do you want to mess with me when I've got my gear on? Wink I will take you down.

People get their faces sliced off in ice hockey! People crack their skulls open! The puck goes 80mph! It's basically the best thing ever.

You are so Awesome. Seriously.

Yeah though. No disrespect to field hockey players, it can be a pretty tough sport too. However, you can't compare it to Ice Hockey. It's faster, harder hitting, and played on a slippery and rock hard surface.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

Oh dear! I hope you aren't pointing those blades at me. I have respect for both, but how can you tell which is which with all the padding and helmets on? Wink
_Emi_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
People get their faces sliced off in ice hockey!

I don't recall any face slicing incidents, but people do get their jugular slashed.
Quote:
People crack their skulls open!

And die from it.
Quote:
The puck goes 80mph!

Said puck also happens to be frozen.

And it would behoove all the hockey fans to watch Slap Shot, the greatest hockey movie ever.

And a Happy 200, Bamboo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7