• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Asobi ni Iku yo! Light Novels Have Anime in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
an ordinary high school freshman - girl with cat ears - claims she is an alien - having to protect Eris

Wow, the premise couldn't sound even more ordinary, could it?
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:
Quote:
an ordinary high school freshman - girl with cat ears - claims she is an alien - having to protect Eris

Wow, the premise couldn't sound even more ordinary, could it?

Yeah it's like I've seen or heard of it before, maybe we can hope that Asobi ni Iku yo! will do it amazingly well enough to blow the similiar stories away.
12xan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:33 am Reply with quote
that's a catgirl? The first time i saw it at Amazon, I always though it was a foxgirl.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quote
This sounds so very original.
Do you guys think that they're going to fall in love? Maybe some other girls will be there to provide obstacles? Oh the suspense is killing me. Rolling Eyes
4nBlue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote
12xan wrote:
that's a catgirl? The first time i saw it at Amazon, I always though it was a foxgirl.

The tail looks quite catty.

Summary sure doesn't sound exciting, but that's true for 90% of shows. Let's hope there is a reason for why this has been allowed to continue this long.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
12xan wrote:

Summary sure doesn't sound exciting, but that's true for 90% of shows. Let's hope there is a reason for why this has been allowed to continue this long.

I doubt it. We can complain all day but the japanese otaku still love this type of thing. As long as there are some cat ears and panty shots it'll do well enough.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quote
I heard this title along with the yuri comedy manga Sasameki Koto have been rumored of getting an anime series a week ago. Since the former got confirmed, I hope the latter gets one as well.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote
And here I thought this might turn out to be a cool sci-fi action flick filled with mystery and intregue and space travel. Star Wars, but with catgirls. Nope. Just another magical girlfriend show. Sigh...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
4nBlue wrote:
12xan wrote:

I doubt it. We can complain all day but the japanese otaku still love this type of thing. As long as there are some cat ears and panty shots it'll do well enough.

It must be a sign of the economy. Go where you know you'll get the most bang for your buck.

There's still some good anime coming out next season so all is not lost yet. Anime cry
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm the most excited about the remake of FMA and K-on and some various shojo shows that will be forgotten the week after the manga finishes. I don't think that's a good thing. There isn't one original action series without a magical girlfriend "save the moe blob save the world" plot behind it I don't think. Even a lot of the Action shows with female main characters these days are about a tough, not so much deep as one dimensional type girl saving a whiny useless girl so that the otakus can find so much yuri subtext in it that it would make the Gravitation and NaruSasu fangirls blush.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1