• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: USA Today Booklist, January 19-February 1: No Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, and Right Stuf still hasn't shipped my order for these three volumes.
farichada

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Yeah, and Right Stuf still hasn't shipped my order for these three volumes.

They have been really good for me. I would give them another chance. Good prices and good customer service.

I am surprised that this is even news. Anime isn't that popular. I doubt anything but Naruto and Bleach makes it on the lists. This probably only happens rarely too. And also how does this relate to anime if there's no anime on the list?
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Seconding the Right Stuf love. Unless something is out of stock when ordered, they're always excellent about shipping. Usually never takes more than 2-3 days to arrive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote
According to the release schedule from Shonen Jump, for February, there are four volumes (Volumes #34 through #37) supposed to be released, not three. ^^;; Sorry; just felt the need to point that out.

Anyway, I'm sure despite not seeing manga on this list this week, within the next few months we'll see Naruto on the charts for quite awhile with the 11 new volumes coming out.

And farichada, manga is anime-related, so it does get covered by ANN. ^^
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote
farichada wrote:
I am surprised that this is even news. Anime isn't that popular. I doubt anything but Naruto and Bleach makes it on the lists. This probably only happens rarely too. And also how does this relate to anime if there's no anime on the list?

If anime isn't even that popular, why are you even here? Most of the anime series out there that you see originates from manga, hence therefore it is necessary to cover the progress of how manga is doing as well. And as far back as I can remember they have always kept updates on how manga does on this booklist. There was one manga volume that even almost broke the top ten for this list. That would have been big. Surprisingly though Bleach hasn't been one of the two dominant manga series on this list. It's been Naruto and Fruits Basket.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1