• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kokoro Connect (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riddley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Well I think there's still a big case for Iori since, as others have pointed out, she comes across as canon. Usually the second love doesn't win out. But I'd love to see that be thrown to the wind this time.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
Oh wow that's an awesome shift haha. I never would have thought of doing that.

Having said it, did anyone else catch the implication in the ED? That spoiler[Tachi is going to or will choose one of them by the end of this arch?]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

spoiler[OMG! Looks like Heartseed played a new trick on them.
Well, at least they got rid of the unleashed desires thing.
Kids versions were pretty cute ^^
The fact that Heartseed has two personalities now is not good.
Seems like each time 2 others transformed into kids between 12 & 5 p.m.]

It was fun watching them ^^
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it so much that Heartseed has spoiler[two personalities ... it seems like he might be part of a hive-mind or cloning situation.] There is probably some sort of plant analogy that would explain it, but I'm not too strong on botany, so...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Inaba was so cute. I just wanted to take her home, like Rena from Higurashi would.

Also anyone know the deal with it being 17 episodes now or is it a mistake on animelist? It was originally 12 episodes.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
ANN had a news article about it being 17 eps. Maybe they'll all get aired, maybe they'll stream at a later date, or maybe they'll be on the blu rays. I don't think they've said which it is.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Chibi Inaba was so cute. I just wanted to take her home, like Rena from Higurashi would.

Lol, I was just about to mention this.

But ya, this was a cute episode of the beginning of the new arc. I'm also curious on what sort of role the spoiler["new heartseed"] will play in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Also anyone know the deal with it being 17 episodes now or is it a mistake on animelist? It was originally 12 episodes.

heard some where that the other episodes were blu-rays extras. i figured the show would be 13 episodes as i don't see how they could wrap the arc up in one episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I did not expect this turn, but it seems perfect when you notice all of the mentions of spoiler[their childhoods Iori having her personality switches, Himeko not having any friends, and Yui with her karate thing.] And spoiler[child Himeko was so cute, her timid nature, and the little giggle] was in a word kawai.

I am guessing out of this we will see Yui's spoiler[transformation through karate hothead, to scared of men, and that promise she made]. Iori's spoiler[personality changes, what we saw as 14 year old her] was already great. Perhaps more of the spoiler[caution that kept Himeko from making friends, a possible fear of certain people]. And one of the most important, we see that Yoshifumi's spoiler[adoration of Yui partially comes from a childhood crush on another girl.]
timiman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
All kinds of things coming to light... This is a pretty cool way of revealing the pasts of the characters in my opinion.
And about that knight thing I really am wondering what it is all about, I got the feeling there at one point when they were talking about first kisses and stuff that it could have something do with kissing. Just like the knights do in all of them fairy tales.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I don't think it so much that Heartseed has spoiler[two personalities ... it seems like he might be part of a hive-mind or cloning situation.] There is probably some sort of plant analogy that would explain it, but I'm not too strong on botany, so...
I think the word you're looking for is "spoiler[cutting]". We'll just have to wait and see what's going on, though.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Blood- wrote:
I think the word you're looking for is "spoiler[cutting]". We'll just have to wait and see what's going on, though.

I was wondering what new head trip Heartseed could play on the kids and I wasn't disappointed.

However what is interesting is that this is the first effect he has implemented that changes something in a physical way. The prior tricks were all mental. Nobody but the targets would be able to tell for sure. It does suggest there is a "different" Heartseed at play.

Also, it seemed to take an hour or so, but after their first experience SOMEONE finally had the big AHA and said it must be Heartseed behind this. Woah, ya think?

What I would like to know is howspoiler[ Taichi is supposed to stop everyone from becoming children, and why he is supposed to keep Heartseed's manifestation a secret.]
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I think the answer to that latter question is spoiler[Heartseed won't(or doesn't) take too kindly to Number Two; remember, he said he needed a knight].
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

New opening and new ending, I liked how both Iori and Inaba grabbed Taichi's hands in the end of the opening song. I am glad Yui was spoiler[able to muster up her strength and actually hug Aoki].

Now that Inaba's problems were fixed and now spoiler[ Yui's problems seem to be fixed, it looks like Iori is next based on the previews.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Things are getting pretty ridiculous.
spoiler[Lots of misunderstandings and funny situations.
That Heartseed really knows how to make their lives interesting.
Yui... needs to face her problems head on.
Well, at least Aoki dealt with his problem.
Yui still has a way to go, but is at least making progress ^^]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 21