• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kokoro Connect (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Hm, I wasn't sure, because she spoke so differently. I do like it better if they're really her thoughts.

I don't know if they were (close) friends before this year, they're kind of thrown together into a club, so Iori not telling anyone her home situation would be realistic. They're probably not that deep befriended yet. Yui is seen having her own set of friends. Not that it means she didn't know the others before.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
The ending was great. The 5th wheel in the group sparking some drama. The only minor thing I dislike is sometimes it gets a little confusing who is who, considering I do not know their full names by heart yet and they call each other by other the first or last name.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Botan24 wrote:
viscously beating someone because they might have had a perverted thought spoiler[(or actually fondled breasts as Taichi did).]

He should actually be forgiven for that. When it happened he spoiler[had no idea that he was in Nagase's body. For all he knew he was feeling his own chest and something was radically wrong.]

I want to support the idea that one of the best features of KC is the relatively restrained reactions on the part of the characters. Of course any believable girl is going to get upset at the idea of her most intimate body secrets being exposed but they don't overdo it. The girls seem to be taking this forced intimacy in stride. And learn how to pee standing up. Embarassed

They skipped forward a week after the "ground rules" were established. I would have liked to see what those ground rules were -- how they addressed the more obvious problems would have been interesting.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The only minor thing I dislike is sometimes it gets a little confusing who is who, considering I do not know their full names by heart yet and they call each other by other the first or last name.

Remember that this is one of the shows that has an Anime Spotlight (actually, could you add this link to your OP?), it's a good resource if for no other reason than it has a picture directory of the characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The only minor thing I dislike is sometimes it gets a little confusing who is who, considering I do not know their full names by heart yet and they call each other by other the first or last name.

Remember that this is one of the shows that has an Anime Spotlight (actually, could you add this link to your OP?), it's a good resource if for no other reason than it has a picture directory of the characters.

Ok I added it. That video has Iori jumping off a bridge!!!
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I just realized something - this anime adds an interesting dimension to the Anime Character Guessing Game.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
I just realized something - this anime adds an interesting dimension to the Anime Character Guessing Game.

I was just thinking the same thing Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Past wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing Wink
Great minds think alike...
Uh oh.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Going by what I have seen there are a few hints to characters. Yui seems spoiler[to have had some form of violence with men in the past, this is why she fights off all of Yoshifumi's advances, she does not trust men. It is unclear if this has anything to do with her learning martial arts.] Iori spoiler[seems to play being a ditz, we have seen her switch into being very serious at times, it seems likely she does it as a coping method for her parent's divorce, and her mother being away. She might even have some levels of depression.]

She might also spoiler[have a crush on Taichi although this may be a distraction,] which brings me on to Himeko.spoiler[ It seems that she cares about the friends quite a bit, she did that love thing not just as a joke, but she wants Taichi to notice Iori's feelings. Although I think there may be the possibility that she likes Taichi as well, but she cares more about helping Iori, with the plus of getting that girl off Iori's back.]
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
Seems like there's going to be a lot of dramatic buildup in this show, which I think will be a real treat for anyone who sticks with it, and likes things drawn out like this with a big dramatic climax.

Also seems like I was right about the soul swapping being the result of somespoiler[ sort of strange herb/plant thing, but didn't think it was something deliberately planned.]

I loved Iori's laugh after she was asked if she was serious about spoiler[learning how to pee standing up.]
bllanosr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:

Also seems like I was right about the soul swapping being the result of somespoiler[ sort of strange herb/plant thing, but didn't think it was something deliberately planned.]

I'm just curious about that. Did they actually state that in the first two episodes? Or was it implied? Or are you talking about the spoiler[ the observer, Mr. Heartseed (I think that's his name)]. I think I might have missed that. I've been sick lately so I get to marathon a bunch of anime and post online but under the influence of medicine.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
bllanosr wrote:
Past wrote:

I'm just curious about that. Did they actually state that in the first two episodes? Or was it implied? Or are you talking about the spoiler[ the observer, Mr. Heartseed (I think that's his name)]. I think I might have missed that. I've been sick lately so I get to marathon a bunch of anime and post online but under the influence of medicine.
It was said in the preview and then in ep. 2 - spoiler["What does a little-known plant have to do with this?" So apparently there's this plant called Heartseed] but it's so rare that probably very few humans before these 5 have consumed it (and may have done so without their knowledge). spoiler[About it being planned, yeah it's fairly clear that these 5 students are basically guinea pigs being observed but we still have no idea why.]
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 am Reply with quote
@HaruhiToy - I agree, he should be forgiven for that. I know I'd have done exactly the same thing. Suddenly you're in girls clothes, with a girl voice...first thing I'm going to do is check do I have breasts and what do I look like lol. I'm rather surprised the girls haven't done exactly the same thing.

I think the time skip thing is to take the focus away from that sort of aspect and keep it on the drama, like Iori's parents being divorced. I really like, so far, how the series has focused it on being about the relationships of the 5 of them.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:54 am Reply with quote
I liked it a lot better than the first episode, though I'm still having trouble remembering who is who, especially after they body switch.
Masakaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:29 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 am; edited 6 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 21