• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kokoro Connect (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
toddler spoiler[Iori] was absolutely adorable. nice to see that the foundation that Taichi set up earlier is finally helping people now
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Starting right off the bat with spoiler[baby Iori] was good way to mix surprise with cute.
DuskyPredator wrote:
I am guessing out of this we will see Yui's spoiler[transformation through karate hothead, to scared of men, and that promise she made]. Iori's spoiler[personality changes, what we saw as 14 year old her] was already great. Perhaps more of the spoiler[caution that kept Himeko from making friends, a possible fear of certain people]. And one of the most important, we see that Yoshifumi's spoiler[adoration of Yui partially comes from a childhood crush on another girl.]
That is almost a good way to sum up the episode, that is except for really Iori. We had spoiler[Yui right after the incident where she came to terms with a few things], Yoshifumi spoiler[traveled to see Nana to confirm his feelings], and Himeko spoiler[was very cold at 14 years old]. We will likely get Iori next episode then.

One thing I am confused about is why the decided to change the opening song right on episode 12, when it is only going for 13 episodes. I feel a bit sad that there is only one episode left. Wait there is a news article that says it will go for 17 episodes (LINK), why does the Encyclopedia page only say 13 then?
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
its never been clear if its 13 episodes or 17 episode, some have said the other episodes will be on the dvd's. but we'll know for sure next week.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote
i think the broadcast will stop at 13 and the last 4 will be released individually with certain volumes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
i think the broadcast will stop at 13 and the last 4 will be released individually with certain volumes

I really hate that type of release strategy. That's what Saki Episode of Side A is doing and there's still no sign of any of the three remaining episodes. And then of course there was the infamous example of Bakemonogatari where we had to wait endlessly for the continually delayed release of the last three eppies. Put everything in the same run, sez I.
TG72

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Episode 12
Now that Inaba's problems were fixed and now spoiler[ Yui's problems seem to be fixed, it looks like Iori is next based on the previews.]

Iori said at one point that spoiler[she'd like to have a re-do for her life]. I think what'll happen is she'll have a chance to spoiler[stay as a kid]and Tachi will have to convince her to come back.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote
I wonder just what Taichi spoiler[is going to do to convince Number Two that picking him was a mistake]. It'll also be interesting to see how spoiler[Heartseed himself] plays into this. And just how will they explain spoiler[baby Iori]?
DuskyPredator wrote:
One thing I am confused about is why the decided to change the opening song right on episode 12, when it is only going for 13 episodes. I feel a bit sad that there is only one episode left. Wait there is a news article that says it will go for 17 episodes (LINK), why does the Encyclopedia page only say 13 then?
Either way it doesn't make sense to change the opening when they did, especially since the BDs are being released by the arc. Only thing I can think of is that it wasn't ready for the last episode and that the discs will have it switch on the arc line.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
With that ending I can't imagine they'll stop it now. I would have thought there'd be an ad saying, "BUY THE BLU-RAY DISCS TO SEE THE ENDING".

Man that was a freaking amazing episode.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I have to say I feel a tad bit disappointed. spoiler[Tachi] gave in without a fight? No thumbscrews or waterboarding? Nah, probably some scowling from Inaba did the trick. Don't ever give this guy an important secret or confidential info, he will make sure to leak it to the Taliban in no time. He's not worried about the consequences? No, of course not. Nothing really bad could possibly happen right? Rolling Eyes

I feel that some of the tension and bite was taken out of the series since the jumping off the bridge incident. Oh, yea and the power of friendship wins once again. <sigh>

I did enjoy Inaba's character and really liked her seiyuu, but I feel a little let down overall by the show.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
i want a mom like that. oh wait, i kinda do. Still, Ms. Nagase is pretty damn cool. that was a pretty good conclusion to this arc and it's nice to see Iori finally relying on her friends
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (last of tv release, at least for this season)

Anyway I am totally calling it, and in fact have been calling it for most of the show, Iori is spoiler[not trully in love with Taichi, she just feels that she should]. Which means some possibly good things for those last four or so episodes which seemed to be released later. In the mean time, with the tv broadcast episodes done, it was a good show, I might even say my favourite of the season, probably mostly personal opinion. Some of the work in this show has been so good from the body swapping being handled by the different seiyuu, the wonderfully well done drama without taking it to too fantastic places, despite you know the body swapping, urges, and age changing. But their real problems were more real things.

Last episode was no fall down with the series, I think Himeko shares some blame in spoiler[making Taichi speak, she knows that he is too complying for his own good, and sometimes for others]. We got some more drama with Iori, and how it ended up playing out with, spoiler[being offered a chance to redo, before the long thoughtout answer probably got the length it needed to show she was not going with the right answer, she actually learned it]. And hearing her mum spoiler[yell at the guy after the two actually talked things out, and finding they only thought they were doing things for the other], was an epic moment.

Till next time Kokoro Connect. A rewatch done with a physical release would be very desirable.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote
Riddley wrote:
With that ending I can't imagine they'll stop it now. I would have thought there'd be an ad saying, "BUY THE BLU-RAY DISCS TO SEE THE ENDING".

Man that was a freaking amazing episode.

The short section right before the ending including Iori's line is the ad. You may not have noticed but the logo shown right afterward has 'Michi random', name of the next LN, underneath and not the 'Kako random' of this arc like in the OP or at the end of this episode ED.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
I did miss it Sad
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice wrap-up, although it did feel a bit like they were trying to tie off too many loose ends in one episode.

One they did not tie off is the peculiar presence and denouement of Heartseed #2. They also left Taichi's incipient romance in the air, although it is pretty clear that Nagase isn't going to be the one. My theory on that is that it makes sense that she was just acting out one of her assumed personalities for a while and now is giving it up. If it were me I would definitely hook up with Inaba anyway.

One-Eye wrote:
No thumbscrews or waterboarding? Nah, probably some scowling from Inaba did the trick. Don't ever give this guy an important secret or confidential info, he will make sure to leak it to the Taliban in no time.

ha ha. Surely you have watched enough anime to know that no Japanese male has any defense whatsoever against a proper tsundere?

One last thing -- Am I the only one watching this an Tari Tari at the same time and confabulating the characters from both stories? Both have a nice ensemble cast of 3 girls 2 guys physically very similar. (Konatsu == Yui, Sawa == Inaba, etc.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 21