• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Staff for 'Renewed' Airing of Haruhi Suzumiya Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
when are they going to put Haruhi season 2 out

When the Super Director feels like it's the right time. Too much time has passed since the first season came out, so she feels that right now, Haruhiism must be re-introduced into anime culture, and once she has gathered enough followers, she is going to release the new evil, which is Haruhi 2.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi 2 will be released the same time as Nadeisco 2 and when Prince of Darkness is striken from canon so hard that three babys will have to be sacrificed to prevent Xebec from disapearing in a time paradox.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
And why don't we throw in the fourth FMP series while on the subject of wishful thinking? Wink

But seriously, if what my friend told me is true (about Kyoto only working on one show at a time), Haruhi 2 won't be made for a good long while. In the meantime, brace yourselves for another awful dating sim-based moe fest.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
ALL OF THAT ASIDE, this is all extremely amusing to me. You Haruhi fans are suffering a lot, I'm glad they don't torture Key fans like this.

Taking that into mind, I am upon reflection quite content with KyoAni's current releases. They'll have to get round to more Haruhi in the future, but for the mean time I've nothing against moe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
brace yourselves for another awful dating sim-based moe fest.

Which is basically KyoAni's bread and butter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:
ALL OF THAT ASIDE, this is all extremely amusing to me. You Haruhi fans are suffering a lot, I'm glad they don't torture Key fans like this.

Taking that into mind, I am upon reflection quite content with KyoAni's current releases. They'll have to get round to more Haruhi in the future, but for the mean time I've nothing against moe.

All the more reason I hope Little Busters! or Tomoyo After is in the works.

It's so up in the air though... I'd love more Clannad related stuff (I mean, the OVA episode was just a big tease and to me felt like, "DAMN IT, I DON'T WANT AFTER STORY THAT BADLY Anime dazed") and Lia, but at the same time, I haven't gotten a good visualization of Little Buster's plot yet.
bayoab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
ABut seriously, if what my friend told me is true (about Kyoto only working on one show at a time)

This used to be true. As of late last year, this was no longer true as they were working on Clannad:AS and Munto TV at the same time. Currently they are doing the end of Clannad:AS, Munto TV, and Haruhi-chan simultaneously.

Tyrenol wrote:
And, despite what people are saying over there, it's their collective attempt to remove the existence of Yamakan from their company. All this despite him proving to the world that he can direct something that ends up being popular amongst the animu fans.

spoiler[IMMHO, though: What Yamakan's company does, and what KyotoAnimu continues to do, is still straight man-bashing bullcrap.]
YHBT. Your entire post is someone's fantasy.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:19 am Reply with quote
Soooo....What is this thing? Is it a remake of season one? If so why?
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
brace yourselves for another awful dating sim-based moe fest.

Which is basically KyoAni's bread and butter.
It is no food of mine.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
Soooo....What is this thing? Is it a remake of season one? If so why?

Its reruns
technokiddo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
they are toying with the fanboys hearts </3
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
And they can always bring on Yamakan as a freelancer for the OP/ED.

Why would Yamakan fresh from the success of Kannagi... go crawling back to the company who publicly threw him under a bus when they fired him from Lucky Star. They pretty much said he was incompetent for the job when it becomes clearer as time passes by it was company politics. Amount of ex KyoAni staff at Ordet shows that, as does them removing him from credits for this Rerun.

Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
And why don't we throw in the fourth FMP series while on the subject of wishful thinking? :wink:

Expecting FMP 4 isn't exactly wishful thinking, it's more a question of patience. Unless you want a cliffhanger ending for a 4th season there's no point in making any more FMP until the novels are finished.
pparker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
bayoab wrote:
And they can always bring on Yamakan as a freelancer for the OP/ED.

Why would Yamakan fresh from the success of Kannagi... go crawling back to the company who publicly threw him under a bus when they fired him from Lucky Star. They pretty much said he was incompetent for the job when it becomes clearer as time passes by it was company politics. Amount of ex KyoAni staff at Ordet shows that, as does them removing him from credits for this Rerun.

QFT (Kannagi is awesome). But my question is how can they remove him from the credits? That wouldn't seem possible unless they intend to completely re-work those parts that he did. Removing someone from the credits out of spite, I believe, would never fly in the U.S.
Shii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Shii wrote:
Oronae wrote:
It'd be awesome if they aired the episodes in chronological order this time.
Ooh, good idea, why don't they fix Pulp Fiction too?

To be fair, the main story in the first season comes from the first Haruhi novel, which was all in chronological order.
Yeah, and what was up with that crazy psychedelic sequence in Kubrick's 2001? That wasn't in the book at all. Sheesh.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Shii wrote:
Yeah, and what was up with that crazy psychedelic sequence in Kubrick's 2001? That wasn't in the book at all. Sheesh.
It was 1968, you figure it out, but what's 2001 got to do with Haruhi?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6