• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Staff for 'Renewed' Airing of Haruhi Suzumiya Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Wow, it's amazing how even the most benign news articles can turn in to a flamefest. Let's end it here guys and turn the discussion back over to people who want to discuss the article, instead of Haruhi fans and anti-fans duking it out. Things like insults or insinuating an entire fanbase are pedophiles aren't going to be tolerated any longer. I'd love to leave the discussion open to the people who actually want to have a real discussion on the topic, but if I have to lock it then so be it.

Lock it, I say.

Nobody here's capable of having a "real" discussion. Cool
bayoab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
bayoab wrote:
And they can always bring on Yamakan as a freelancer for the OP/ED.

Why would Yamakan fresh from the success of Kannagi... go crawling back to the company who publicly threw him under a bus when they fired him from Lucky Star. They pretty much said he was incompetent for the job when it becomes clearer as time passes by it was company politics. Amount of ex KyoAni staff at Ordet shows that, as does them removing him from credits for this Rerun.

That was not really throwing him under a bus. (It's hard to argue "Thrown under the bus" in Japanese culture because they tend to find someone to "blame" for a "mistake"* and then make a knee jerk reaction to save face.) It is pretty clear that it was not because of internal politics though. (Unless you want to call the rumors that he was using too much of the budget in places they didn't want "politics".) Kyoani has been shedding staff since the end of Haruhi. This wasn't a sudden group that split off.

And I'll wait for the actual article/show before arguing if they are removing him from the show. They have to reanimate a good amount of the show if that is true. He's famous for the OP/ED but that isn't the only thing he did.

Also, wouldn't this be Kyoani crawling back to him?

*If you recall, everyone was surprised by the wording they used for the director switch. That itself indicates that this is far more complicated than what they "said". It wasn't like they damaged his reputation. He was working freelance on a bunch of stuff for a while after that happened iirc.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 am Reply with quote
Hey guys!

Apparently the next issue of Newtype will have MORE information on the "Melencholy of Suzumiya Haruhi!", I can't wait to find out what cute fake role they can give fictional characters now.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:23 am Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
Given how lucrative the property is, I'll expect the sequel to come this fall.

Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
I fail to see how MoHS falls into the same "throwaway moe garbage" pile as the dating sim/magical girl shows. Haruhi tried to actually, you know, be creative and fresh compared to those series.

Westlo has the series rated as "Excellent." I'll let you draw your conclusions about the tone of his post from here.

Not only that, he's told me to stop bashing those crummy moe shows in the past. Wink So yeah, sarcasm.

I still don't have respect for dating sim/harem anime though
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Why would they announce the staff of a show that's already aired?

by the list of staff its most likely for new intro and exit plus a few edits based on how the season will be aired.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6