• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Hiiro no Kakera TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe they thought this snoozefest was worth licensing. Oh wait, fangirls... :/
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
But, why? Ugh...

Well Sentai's probably not going to get my money from this one. Only reason I'd have for getting this is to stare at the good artwork, the best thing about the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen it at all, was it that bad? Like Togainu no Chi?
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I can't believe they thought this snoozefest was worth licensing. Oh wait, fangirls... :/

You seem to type that almost disdainfully. As if women have no right to be in the anime fandom. If men have the right to enjoy shitty fanservice shows aimed at them, then so do women. Anime exclamation
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Not quite as bad as Togainu no Chi as they're releasing it in singles in Japan. But still quite bad. Under 2k copies sold for the first volume.

There are quite a few other fujoshi-targeted titles that remain unlicensed that I think would have made a better choice (like UtaPri or Uraboku)
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I did not see that one coming. I won't take the time do it, but between this an some releases announced earlier this year, I think that I sense a small theme in some of Sentai's licensing other than a shotgun and a dartboard.

zeo1fan wrote:
st_owly wrote:

You seem to type that almost disdainfully. As if women have no right to be in the anime fandom. If men have the right to enjoy shitty fanservice shows aimed at them, then so do women. Anime exclamation

Psst... st_owly is a woman.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
st_owly wrote:

I'm a woman and I think this show is horrible.

When are we going to see licenses for female-targeted anime that aren't reverse harems or BL? I want more 90s-style romances and magical girls. Sad
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
When are we going to see licenses for female-targeted anime that aren't reverse harems or BL? I want more 90s-style romances and magical girls. Sad

Well, LoveCom got licensed not too long ago so... there's that.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
st_owly wrote:

I'm criticising the show for being boring, not because it's aimed at fangirls. My teenage self probably would've lapped it up, but at least booby shows are usually (unintentionally) hilarious and stuff actually happens in them. Give me Sekirei or Ikki Tousen over this any day.

@Ojamajo: Seconded. Where's my Gokinjo Monogatari?
chichiri_chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Say what you will, but I am super excited! I loved the game and was afraid that I was going to have to spend a fortune on importing the DVDs to get a physical copy!

First Hakuoki, now Hiiro no Kakera. Sentai is making me the happiest little fangirl. Anime exclamation
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I watched this thing. But I enjoyed it. But not for the normal reasons.
Now, to be honest, I really like the female lead, and some of the character designs are nice.

spoiler[The mystery part of the story isn't that bad. It's decent, and really do care who the traitor is, what the sacrifice ritual is and when the 6th guy's story is. But what really entertained me was that the male leads kept loosing, and loosing, and loosing. In 13 episodes they didn't win ONE SINGLE FIGHT. They suck. The other side is so overpowered it's funny. In the final episode (of this season), Onizaki gets a MASSIVE power boost, and STILL gets his ass handed to him. At one point it as three against one for the good guys, and that one bad guy wiped the floor with all three of them. It's like the good guys are level 10 and the bad guys level 99.]
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm a woman and thought Hiiro no Kakera was a snore fest too.

And I'm confused...is Sentai even attending AX this year or is that a big fat no and these are just random licenses?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
That sweet I didn't think some one wound get this
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I'm a woman

Your a lady? No offense, but I though you were a dude for some reason.

Back on topic, well I have not watched the series and reverse harem are something I avoid so I can save my cash for another show.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
I'm a woman

Your a lady? No offense, but I though you were a dude for some reason.

None taken. I find it funny when people think I am a guy. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2