• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Blood-C Film, more Ikki Tousen, Michiko & Hatchin

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
About time with Michiko & Hatchin! I'm shocked it didn't get licensed when it first premiered.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
DRWii wrote:
As for "Appleseed XIII"...why?

Wasn't that project cancelled because it was too expensive and sucked ass?

If CDJapan's listings are any indication, the series actually completed it's run. Perhaps you're thinking of "Appleseed Genesis"?

Well, MAL lists it at 13 episodes, and we only seen three so far since October. I have to assume this had the rest of its run cancelled as well due to lack of anyone caring. Or maybe it was just no one bothering to rip/fansub it, which is equally bad news.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
sweet Blood C and Ikki Tousen but when is Funi going to get more Fairy Tail
otakubebe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Not a bad line up. I love Blood-C (the fight scenes are pretty amazing) Michiko to Hatchin ( it has a Samurai Champloo vibe about it, especially the music) and Jormungand ( gotta love Koko lol). Still waiting for Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro though.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
'bout time someone saw the light. The Cowboy Bebop dude had attached himself to a pretty awesome series yet Michiko seemed like a no man's land for a while now. The only other thing I can liken that to is Real Drive, a show by the GitS guy about cyborgs and virtual worlds yet nobody in R1 wants to go anywhere near it.
xScar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
otakubebe wrote:
Still waiting for Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro though.

Viz has it.

Will definitely be checking out Michiko & Hatchin when they get to putting it out. None of the others particularly interest me. Was hoping they would announce Moyashimon Returns... still a chance they could announce it later though, I suppose :>
zeonozero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Too many people are complaining about what they didn't get. Just buy something then that you kinda liked, you might like it better watching on a bigger screen TV and possibly better quality. Be thankful for what we are getting
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Most of these seem like decent or at least interesting pick ups. Nothing major but nothing too questionable either.
gwdone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Blood-c works very well for me. TV and Movie! The TV series was great!! I hope these releases are uncut. I haven't seen the movie, but will dive right in when it's out. I would purchase these titles, so hopefully some dvd's to get fired up about. Stream only would be very painful.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Michiko & Hatchin, although I was also hoping Funi would license "Episode of Bardock" and "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!"
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Woop, Jormungand! That's definitely going on my wish list.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Glad Fuimation picked up Michiko and Hatchin, and Appleseed XIII for release, and looking forward to the Binbou Stream, aside from that could care less about the rest of their announcements, although Funi getting so many Ikki Tousin shows, makes me Think MB will be announcing their leaving the industry soon.

Also I heard Funi's big announcement for the Summer will be at Otakon. My guess is either Fairy Tail Season 2 , Penquindrum or Sailor Moon *probably not, but A guy can dream, lol*
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Is it sad that a part of me is still interested in Appleseed XIII just because it's a part of the Appleseed franchise? I'll probably be picking it up. Embarassed The manga's the best, but I still enjoyed the first movie (the CG doesn't really bother me).

Other than that, I have an interest in Michiko & Hatchin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Appleseed was the only surprise for me here. I had always thought it would end up at Sentai, since they have the first CGI movie and dubbed the second. But the Appleseed franchise has always sold well here, so I assume they must have just offered more for it. Hopefully they go for dub continuity, rather than recast like they recently did with Shana II.

As for Blood, I've always assumed Funi would get that one. However, I've never heard a single positive thing about the show, so I will likely pass. I've also never got into Eureka 7, and know nothing about the rest of their acquisitions.

One again, Funi disappoints with their AX announcements. I guess that may be for the best considering how badly they've disappointed me with the shows of theirs I have wanted over the past year, most recently Shana. So maybe it's for the best.
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It's like Funimation and Sentai are having a contest for who can license the most shows nobody cares about.

Wow.

Seriously?

A lot more MEH on the boards this weekend over title acquisition is getting a little too much for my tastes.

We have a lot more announcements saved up for Otakon so I hope the reception won't be this tepid to some of the elitists. (I kid, I kid)

Lance Heiskell
Official FUNimation Opinionated Guy
<meh>
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12