• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Space Brothers TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's something special. Can they also tell us how long it'll be, we haven't a clue right now. Does this make up for all the karmic vile Qwaser's license wrought, detractors?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Sentai's just getting f*cking ridiculous now. How many damn licenses do they have?
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Bless you Sentai. I hope they dub this though I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't given it's supposedly 48 episodes.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Does this make up for all the karmic vile Qwaser's license wrought, detractors?

Well, they still have a lot of good faith to use up from licensing Kids on the Slope (and Bodacious Space Pirates too).

I keep feeling that I should watch this series, but I can't feel any real impulse to do so. Perhaps this will speed me along. The series does seem admirable.

Sentai's licensing is really all over the place. I guess they might just be scrambling for everything they can get away with. I just can't help but wonder if they can really afford it all.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
*bows down to sentai*
Sentai...bless you...bless you for licensing a SOL space anime that had no chance of selling well here...bless you Crying or Very sad .
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
*bows down to sentai*
Sentai...bless you...bless you for licensing a SOL space anime that had no chance of selling well here...bless you Crying or Very sad .

You're on the money with that, there's no way this anime will succeed. It's a tough sell to kids and teens, and the adult anime fanbase that this was made to appeal to in Japan isn't substantial enough in America. I like the show well, but how do you get someone to watch with "It's about an out of work man training to become an astronaut, for 48 episodes, and he never goes to space, and it's not wacky hijinks."
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo! I wasn't expecting anyone to license this. Can't wait to buy it. This totally makes up for that breast feeding fetish abomination. Laughing
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Huh. How did a good show get in there? Must've been an accident.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
yeah! A little bit like Bakuman. Speaking of which, please bring the rest of the episodes here. Thank you.

Please get this DUBBED too.

Sket Dance next!

Last edited by 28076004505531 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote
holy crap sentai
Takuku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Surely it's time for Sentai to take a break. I'm glad and all that this much is being licensed but worrying at the same time.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
opn wrote:
*bows down to sentai*

You're on the money with that, there's no way this anime will succeed. It's a tough sell to kids and teens, and the adult anime fanbase that this was made to appeal to in Japan isn't substantial enough in America. I like the show well, but how do you get someone to watch with "It's about an out of work man training to become an astronaut, for 48 episodes, and he never goes to space, and it's not wacky hijinks."

What do you expect out of the good U.S of A really ?

*claps hands graciously*

Last edited by BlackJaded on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
And that's another one for Sentai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Hmm interesting, i've heard lots of good stuff about this show, may have to check it out when its released.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Does this make up for all the karmic vile Qwaser's license wrought, detractors?

Well, they still have a lot of good faith to use up from licensing Kids on the Slope (and Bodacious Space Pirates too).

I keep feeling that I should watch this series, but I can't feel any real impulse to do so. Perhaps this will speed me along. The series does seem admirable.

Sentai's licensing is really all over the place. I guess they might just be scrambling for everything they can get away with. I just can't help but wonder if they can really afford it all.

I don't think so. It makes a lot of sense as a business if you're a large player not to put your eggs in one basket. Even if a particular niche or genre does well, why limit yourself if you have the capital, or can negotiate more agreeable terms with cheaper DVD sub-only releases (that many of their licenses are unfortunately). There's nothing mutually exclusive at all about Qwaser, or Space Brothers, or Bodacious Space Pirates, et al. Heck I'll buy them all since they're all good in different ways
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5