• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Campione! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Epic make out, part of me thinks it should win a medal for such a non hentai one. We also have to give something to the spoiler[sword that looks like something from Bleach as well for super stripping its owner.]

Oh and who the hell is spoiler[Metis]? Apparently she spoiler[looks like Athena but isn't, or was she? Probably the one who killed Perseus. But go Athena for making the little sister] nerve wrecked.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
what da (bleep) i just saw so tell me did this godou just “do it” just seem got blonde italy female now knocked up & pregnant?!

watching 12eps wonder with all wonder finale ep be like?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Godou ended up in a really strange place.
The whole thing was unusual, especially that Susano guy.
Well, at least Godou learned a few useful things.
Interesting how now even Athena has started showing her feelings.
It's was nice for a change that Godou saved Erica.]

Really good episode!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone else laugh really hard at the beach setting? I did. I couldn't help but break into a hysterical laughter as the events unfolded. Then they spoiler[passionately made out and I laughed even harder.] For some reason, that scene really reminded me of a scene from The Titanic. I'll leave you guys with this video* to judge for yourselves. . .

*SPOILERS FOR LATEST EPISODE, don't watch until you finish the latest episode.

Edit: Video was taken down, damn it. Video may be working now but it might be taken down again sooner or later.

Last edited by EmbraceMe on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Did anyone else laugh really hard at the beach setting? I did.
Yeah I laughed too, all it needed was a big spoiler[eye] on it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
well, spoiler[Erica is a main character so her chances of dying are slim] however, the mood of the scene did seem to be going smoothly since spoiler[Erica did seem like she was dying via asphyxiation ] but then Goudou messed it up by acting far to narmy. then it just got all kinds of awkward with that spoiler[power transfer ]. the rest of the episode was cool, and his sister freaking out was funny
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Getting some strong fate/ vibes with that spoiler[power transfer scene]. Love this episode. Laughing

Also, how come the opening theme song played at the end as though it was an ending theme?
dan7el

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
For a stupid harem anime, something decent finally happened. Obviously, spoiler[Goudou didn't want to get involved with Erica because he felt she was playing him somehow. After she revealed that wasn't the case, and backed up her actions with reasons, he acted any normal red-blooded heterosexual teen would. Finally!]

I find the harem antics annoying and distracting. The actual premise is pretty interesting, though.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was fun. It may not be winning critical acclaim, but as pure entertainment, it delivers.

Erica's probably one of my favorite harem members. Unlike typical harem motivations ("Well, he's nice, I guess, and the main characters, so I'm in incredibly awkward love!!!") I can buy Erica's a lot more. ("Hey there, god-killing badass, let's make babies!")
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
I wished they had more time to expand on Ena. She didn't really have much of a role besides becoming another harem member; I was quite excited when she appeared but now I'm a little disappointed. Overall, it was a fun show although I wasn't too enthusiastic with the first few episodes. Things got better later on.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:34 am Reply with quote
well give watching all of it fine series of sorts give leave door open for s2 if happen.

overall sure give if get dub why i go feeling yea dub make more hmm to see.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote
I liked Athena so I was spoiler[happy to see her being more than evil and such, and a lot of the bad things being her mother, who resides inside her. He considered her a friend which is cool, who wouldn't want to be friends with the goddess of wisdom.] I was plenty happy with how this series had a blockbuster feel with some of it's action and music, and the harem like bit at the end with spoiler[each girl kissing him actually felt tolerable, except maybe that one girl who had next to no development]. And I do support the main female lead, Erica, as the official girl, seems Goudo was plenty happy with the love bit.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote
I ended up rating this one So-So. It was on the thresh-hold of being dropped, but always seemed to scrap through. Overall, I don't think this is a title that will stick out in my mind. I don't think I'll buy whenever Sentai pops it out.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
ridiculously overpowered one sided fight. it was cool. i enjoyed the show, and it's always nice to learn a little bit more about mythology as well
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
I've only gotten through three episodes, but this show has been dubbed well. Hopefully Jason Grundy will get more shows to direct in the future
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4