• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
La storia della Arcana Famiglia (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote
I didn't spoiler[figure it out that quickly], but the instant spoiler[the masked man] showed up I knew spoiler[it was Dante]. Actually, spoiler[I didn't really figure out the whole scheme until the Dante spilled the beans] - I'd apparently turned my brain off once the fight actually started.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

spoiler[Missing Felicita. Nova and Liberta cuffed together.]
Pretty interesting start of an episode ^^
It was interesting and funny to see those two manga each other.
spoiler[Luca's secret harvest split the family.
It was still kinda weird Nova and Liberta had no idea about it.
Luca, Debito, Pace & Felicita were sure enjoying themselves.
Looks like the other two were just victims of a prank..]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
While this show is okay and all, it's just going nowhere at the moment. I'm waiting for the story from the first episode to return. I will probably pick it back up from where I left off once/if that happens. Otherwise I'm putting this on hold.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Jolly hanging out with a kid.]
Well, that not his usual behavior..
spoiler[Debito having nightmares.
He's pretty hot without the eye patch ^^
It would be interesting to hear the story about his eye.]

This was a pretty general episode..
They only hinted the possibility of interesting stories.
I hope some of them will get realized.

Episode 9

spoiler[Felicita seems to be bothered by the Jolly's homunculus Elmo.
Their papa's illness... looks like another test for the young ones.
I was surprised that Felicita actually confronted Jolly about Elmo.]

So the truth finally came out.
spoiler[I don't really get those cards, just that each card gives them individual power.
The cards thing just complicates things additionally.
They are pushing Felicita to use Wheel of Fortune, but will it be worth losing her memories...]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm ashamed to admit I'm still watching this. Embarassed It's mostly to hear Bossun's Italian accent, but my god, the stupid in this hurts.

As the first two episodes so painfully spelled out, everyone knows what everyone else's card and powers are. And yet we get this:

spoiler[Oh no, she's lost her memory! Whatever shall we do? If only someone had the power to restore memories!]

spoiler[Yes, but who among us can do that? This is all Jolly's fault! Let's beat up Jolly! No, let's shoot Jolly in the head! Wait!, Jolly's the only one who could possibly figure out how to restore her memory since we have no one with the power to do that! Jolly?]

spoiler[Ok, I'll get to work on that. ::homunculus kid says something important:: Hmmm, I never thought about memories that way because I don't remember how my power even works. I wonder...if I could use my power to restore memories...to restore her memory! It just might work!!]

Jesus wept. ::headdesk::
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

spoiler[In order to save Mondo, Felicita has to fall in love with someone.
Well, at least she has a lot of guys at her disposal.
Seems like Liberta and Nova are closest to her heart.
Interesting how those two really make an effort 'cause of her.
I'm glad that's helping Liberta to focus and use his power right.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

So last episode. Did anyone else feel the ending was a total cop out? Something about the spoiler[male leads knocking themselves out at the same time, and Felicitá winning by realizing she can love lots of people. And then she gets out of her marriage, which is perfectly acceptable, but uses her wish so her father can be papa for as long as he live], that sounds a bit childish to me.

I don't want to criticize the entire show, I think some of the voice actors did a particularly good job at at bringing an Italian flare to their voices.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
[7/9/12] Prediction: spoiler[Bambi develops her power and discovers Papa's true intent with this whole tourney thing, wins the title for herself and chooses her own path.] (can predictions for things you haven't seen be spoilers?)

I think I pretty much nailed it. :)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I did not see your guote here.
Gina Szanboti wrote:
As the first two episodes so painfully spelled out, everyone knows what everyone else's card and powers are. And yet we get this:

spoiler[Oh no, she's lost her memory! Whatever shall we do? If only someone had the power to restore memories!]

spoiler[Yes, but who among us can do that? This is all Jolly's fault! Let's beat up Jolly! No, let's shoot Jolly in the head! Wait!, Jolly's the only one who could possibly figure out how to restore her memory since we have no one with the power to do that! Jolly?]

spoiler[Ok, I'll get to work on that. ::homunculus kid says something important:: Hmmm, I never thought about memories that way because I don't remember how my power even works. I wonder...if I could use my power to restore memories...to restore her memory! It just might work!!]

Jesus wept. ::headdesk::

Yeah that was really stupid. How could they forget that spoiler[one of them just happened to have the ability to restore memories? That does not even sound like an ability that would be too helpful in anything but the exact situation. And to have one kid make some incredibly basic statement, it is like he did not even know his own powers.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
well just watching this whole series give bit decent yet whole big battle lasted a whole ep give lib vs nova end a draw?

with winner is mam noto’s characters yet get save papa boss also stay single.

give unaired ep coming if pull a s2 like yea say it an offer you can’t refuse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeldwfOwuL8
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:32 am Reply with quote
OVA

I make myself do terrible things for completing. So I cam back to this thread just to complain.

It does not even make sense that the characters would be stupid enough to spoiler[eat mysterious chocolates], it is like they are children. As they were I shouted out "No, they are not really going to do a spoiler[body swap] are they?", which it then turned out indeed they were. Didn't make a lick of sense why the characters could not just spoiler[force him to turn them back]. Just so painful!

Wht is it with anime Italy?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Finished the OVA and lol, I almost fell asleep. Jolly was the only good part in the OVA imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4