Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Qwaser of Stigmata Anime


Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vulcanraven01



Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 670
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Very shocked this has gotten licensed, especially with Katja bordering on pedo territory.
Guess that's why it's sub-only.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Splitter



Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 1276
Location: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
....

Balls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3733
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Very shocked this has gotten licensed, especially with Katja bordering on pedo territory.
Guess that's why it's sub-only.


Well mainly loli since she is the one in control with bdsm... heaven help me =_=.. but my question is will they do the ova's/specials?? those alone even made me flinch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
TitanXL



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 4036
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Qwaser is so wildly over the top that it can get pretty funny. And believe it or not, the action was pretty good. Queens Blade was kind of like that. Funnier still, both shows had some pretty amazing background OST.


Indeed. Qwaser still holds the spot for my favorite anime opening and ending, and the background OST is beautiful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DmonHiro



Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 3278
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I love this show. In spite of what people WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT say, this show is not all about the boobs. Sure, there's boobs, and lots of them. But there is also a story and character development. In fact, Sasha is one of THE BEST male leads I've seen in a long time. He doesn't take crap from anyone, act cold, but has a hidden sweet side that only his closest friends get to see. And if you ever hurt said friends, goodbye. He also has one of the best catch phrases in a long time as well "Tremble! Cower in fear!". Honestly, I say people should give this show a watch. The battles are great and the comedy isn't that bad either. I especially loved the Fate Stay Night joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
opn



Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 904
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Very shocked this has gotten licensed, especially with Katja bordering on pedo territory.
Guess that's why it's sub-only.


Well mainly loli since she is the one in control with bdsm... heaven help me =_=.. but my question is will they do the ova's/specials?? those alone even made me flinch.

According to the article sentai got both the second season and the OVAs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4377
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I love this show. In spite of what people WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT say, this show is not all about the boobs. Sure, there's boobs, and lots of them. But there is also a story and character development.


I've heard this so many times about ecchi I don't even believe it anymore.

Look, people. Just admit that you're watching it for the tits, and that there's no other reason to watch the show besides the tits. Please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3733
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Very shocked this has gotten licensed, especially with Katja bordering on pedo territory.
Guess that's why it's sub-only.


Well mainly loli since she is the one in control with bdsm... heaven help me =_=.. but my question is will they do the ova's/specials?? those alone even made me flinch.

According to the article sentai got both the second season and the OVAs.


then heaven help us all....

Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
I love this show. In spite of what people WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT say, this show is not all about the boobs. Sure, there's boobs, and lots of them. But there is also a story and character development.


I've heard this so many times about ecchi I don't even believe it anymore.

Look, people. Just admit that you're watching it for the tits, and that there's no other reason to watch the show besides the tits. Please.


I did watch for the tits there I said it, I also watched it for the bdsm loli domintrax fetishism it has with katja making older woman submit to her with her split personality...I can't really help it I have some weird a** fetishes and this one checked the box on nearly all of them.

all a voice actress chart..IT"S NSFW PEOPLE
http://www.twitpic.com/a2rtzp


Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4327
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, now Sentai are God for releasing a series ideal for masturbation. I guess some people have not realized that Sentai already has been releasing actual great series like Clannad and Angel Beats! this past year.

Just imagine how much some people will praise Sentai Filmworks if they actually released full blown hentai.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Its actually a pretty solid battle shonen if you look past all the boobs... though I doubt most people could do that. But if you like battle shonens and boobs, its great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nemo_N



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 272
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Fun show. The characters make for most of the fun (Tomo trolling Mafuyu, Kacha torturing Hana, Mayuri being Mayuri). Plot is shounen-ish. Great music.

Worth at least a watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4327
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
There isn't a single show that has been licensed this weekend (and there have been a lot) that I care at all about. So disappointing.

Well, it's easier on my wallet at least. And Japan still makes good quality shows, but they just don't end up licensed for some reason.


Agreed. The release announcements from these past days have not done much for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Splitter



Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 1276
Location: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Wow, now Sentai are God for releasing a series ideal for masturbation. I guess some people have not realized that Sentai already has been releasing actual great series like Clannad and Angel Beats! this past year.

Just imagine how much some people will praise Sentai Filmworks if they actually released full blown hentai.


Sentai is filling the void left by Media Blasters. Got it.

What a terrible con as far as license announcements goes, and what's worse, this is the one con where the announcements should be the things everyone is anticipating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lynx Amali



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 1203
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:


I've heard this so many times about ecchi I don't even believe it anymore.

Look, people. Just admit that you're watching it for the tits, and that there's no other reason to watch the show besides the tits. Please.


-implying one can't watch a show for it's characters

I watch it because Katja's my favorite Aya Hirano role next to Nanael so sue me.
That and she was pretty useful in Spiral Chaos. Dat damage rating...

Was always a mandatory deploy alongside Noel, Airi and Cute.

Not to mention Katja and Hana being one of my favorite yuri pairings, even if it's one sided.


Last edited by Lynx Amali on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4377
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Its actually a pretty solid battle shonen if you look past all the boobs... though I doubt most people could do that. But if you like battle shonens and boobs, its great.


I love Battle Shounens and all their ridiculous cliches and I love boobs, but it took seeing roughly two minutes of this atrocity for me to realize that this show is...ugh.

Just UGH.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 19

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group