• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tari Tari (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 4
Konatsu kind of had a loss of resolve, which I think gave enough reason for the other members to get angry at her. They followed her because she looked so committed, but then she not only spoiler[gave up the plan fair thing, and started wanting to skip practice. I understand she was a big fan of them, and gave significance to that random scene at the beginning of that other episode], but she just showed the kind of behavior that the VP was talking about.

Konatsu and Sawa kind of have a Ritsu and Mio relationship.
Riddley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Anyone know if Condor Queen and their song Amigo Amigo are real? Because I see their song listed on the Tari Tari page here. When I was typing out Amigo Amigo Condor Queen on youtube it showed up on the autocomplete like it was a popular search but no videos showed up though.

It can show up in auto-complete for a lot of reasons, none of which are because there is anything out there for it Smile

I actually work (well, in a few days it will be worked) with Google on their search relevance and I can tell you that just because a search is issues doesn't mean there are any results for it. It's a common problem search engines run up against. YouTube is the same as it's owned by Google.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Wakana with marakas LOL
spoiler[Guess she just wasn't in the mood to cheer.
Tanaka's badminton match... he should have practiced more.
Since he's sharing a club with them, no wonder he couldn't have.
Flasbacks to earlier days with Wakana's mom were nice, but sad.
Seems like she's being hard on herself because she treated her mom badly & then she lost her for good.
This episode was all about Wakana and it was just sad.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Crying or Very sad One of the things I love about the medium of anime is that I can have a nice cry with it, and this was one of those episodes. Wakana sure has it tough, spoiler[she acted really bratty to her mum when she was trying to get into the highschool, while she was just trying to help her, and then she lost her. It looked like such a change in character that she acted so typical earlier, bust lost something when she had found out how she was acting, and now she is trying to get rid of the painful memories.] One of those episode where I just wish I could enter and give the characters advice, though as this show has shown, I would probably freak the hell out of them and be labelled as a stalker.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. So I'm getting impatient with this show. It's about a girl who wants to sing! No wait, it's about kind of an annoying twatburger who was a douche to her lovely mom and is now, belatedly, bummed out about it. Did we really need one trillion examples of her being a hag? Come on, Tari Tari, we are 5 episodes in. Decide what your story is. And for christ sakes hurry up and get that stick out of Wakana's ass - it's getting tedious.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
She is the Minchi incarnate for this show. Both this series and Hanasaku Iroha were not long running manga that were then adapted to an anime, more likely they had the manga out just before the shows ran so that they could hit multiple media. It's not out of the realm of possibility that some of the character types bled through with the designs. Both series share quite a bit of the senior staff.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Come on, Tari Tari, we are 5 episodes in. Decide what your story is.

The music theme is a decoy plot. The story actually revolves around Wien orchestrating events to help the main characters with their problems. He does it because he lives his life helping others like a hero through guile as a promise to his bedridden brother. It is his goal to elevate people in order to better the world and make it a happier place by proxy for his younger brother. The final half of the show is Wien front manning the plot as a various events to make the friends bond together. By the time the others realize this, WIen has left the school to help people elsewhere. The show ends with Wien narrating the successes of his friends as he is driven by a taxi to another region in Japan. The narration is actually a letter he's writing to his brother. He says he's prepared to commence the process again as he enters another classroom as a transfer student. The narration ends with him telling his brother he has no regrets about his way of life and the letter ends with "RIP in piece, my dearest sibling." The show switches to a scene revealing his brother's grave with flowers on it. Now, it switches back to the classroom. Wien smiles at the classroom and introduces himself by performing the same dogeza during his first appearance in Tari Tari. The credits roll with this song.

That said, I come to watch Tari Tari every week for Sawa's delicious Tari Tari's.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone besides me think that Konatsu Miyamoto from this show and Yui Kiryama from Kokoro Connect are incredibly similar?

Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:37 am Reply with quote
@ HaruhiToy - separated at birth, for sure.

@ wakky (I can't be bothered c'n'ping your ridiculously hard to remember user name each time) - I don't get a Minchi vibe from Wakunta. Minchi was kind of your garden variety tsundere whereas this pig is something far more unpleasant. I just hope they don't drag her, "waah, waah, woe is me, I cannot connect with anyone due to mah trauma" arc out over the entire season.
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
She is the Minchi incarnate for this show. Both this series and Hanasaku Iroha were not long running manga that were then adapted to an anime, more likely they had the manga out just before the shows ran so that they could hit multiple media. It's not out of the realm of possibility that some of the character types bled through with the designs. Both series share quite a bit of the senior staff.

Except Hanasaku was very watchable, Tari Tari is refined tedium at its purest.
Riddley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
So unfortunately I've dropped this show. Bye bye Tari Tari, too bad you couldn't get your shit straight.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Ok, bye bye Riddley. glad we got a chance to see some of Wakana's mom. so i guess the two girls fooling around in the hallway near the end of the OP are the vice principle and Wakana's mom
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6.

So. Just how does it get better than that?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

That was a good episode, and that Wakana has a good father. I don't really know what to write, but I did enjoy it.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Wakana resting at home.]
The choir club continues their activities.
spoiler[Konatsu's little dip in the sea puddle was LOL
I was surprised Konatsu decided to visit her.
At least she know how to cheer people up unintentionally.
Flashbacks to Wakana's childhood were nice.
An unexpected present and horseback riding cheered her up too.
Wakana gilt tripping herself was a downer...
Good thing it was a short one ^^
Well, at least she accepted her feelings for her mother and dealt with them.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9