• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tari Tari (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Another nice episode, spoiler[Wien was sure awesome when he tried so hard to stop that thief, now that is a hero. He jumps in when he sees someone in trouble. I seem to remember him tackling that one Spanish guy too.]

And we are getting a more sympathetic look at the VP as well, it would seem spoiler[that she does not like the idea of the group creating the choir club because that is what it was called when she and Wakana's mother in it. She does not want them using the song and the club name if they will only half do things.] But it also looks like she has spoiler[remembered something she may have forgot, that they had to have fun, chances are that the lack of fun is what made Konatsu crack in the incident.]

It would appear that they are spoiler[planning to do something with the land of the school. Are they tearing something down?]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
The superhero theme continues.
They were pretty LOL though ^^
The staged fight was a nice idea that sure got attention.
Vice principal is the only non supportive character in the whole anime.
It was lucky they got the job permission when she was off her game.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It would appear that they are spoiler[planning to do something with the land of the school. Are they tearing something down?]

I already saw spoiler[Poppy Hill, I don't need another "Save this old school building" routine.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking of this anime while at work today, and realized that the thing I remember most about it is that this about a group of remarkably decent and likable kids. I had some pretty decent friends in high school, but I would have loved to be in this particular group even more.

Somehow they managed to make an interesting story out of it and not let it be too bland.

Aside from that once again we have background extras make the scene work. It was quite a hoot how the first time they did their superhero routine and it didn't seem to have any impact, but the few kids who happened to see were totally into it. And then there was the guy who tried to stay in character even after he threw out his back.

Good stuff. I like the subtle touches.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Wakana raising her Pitch for the theme song was an interesting choice
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
Huhuhuhu, well I got something nice out of ep 11 Laughing

spoiler[As expected they're doing some construction work on the school so it'll be closed down and the cultural festival cancelled. But now that Wakana has finished her song, the Choir (and sometimes Badminton) club is going to put on a show anyways.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Huhuhuhu, well I got something nice out of ep 11 :lol

I know it was just a fantasy scene, but Sawa in that costume. Would she really wear that on stage? She knows horses, archery, can dance (what a somersault!) and sing. No wonder that artist kid is sweet on her.

Ever notice how the ending credits change a little bit each episode in sync with the story line? And Konatsu is always kicking or rocking back and forth out of time with everyone else.

And who in their right mind spoiler[would tear down a school building that beautiful? Even if it does have a loopy principal.]

This anime just gets better and better.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote
At first I though it was an RPG game.
Looks like it's just an idea for the musical.
Konatsu really knows how to get things go her way.
It was nice watching their preparations.
Well, it was certainly not nice cancelling the cultural festival.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote
Something I really hated was when spoiler[the four met each other and made it sound like they had not met in a while, in only few scenes they went from excitedly preparing, to "it feels like ages".] They should have done a better flow of time as it just makes it feel like the character ended up falling into some sort of nightmare world. Wasted potential on being able to give a more in depth view of what spoiler[they thought about the school closing and the festival falling through.]

Where are their spoiler[fighting spirit we expect from anime characters, or from teenagers. Row Row fight the power.]
wanderlustking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 am Reply with quote
Wow, only two more episodes to go. This is one of the only shows I've watched every week, starting with the first episode upon release. Can't wait to see how it ends!
timiman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quote
I agree that this show just keeps getting better and better, and I don't want it to end yet!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11.

Wow those kids really keep busy. I really am hoping for a payoff here.

As expected, the VP isn't such a bad old gal after all. Still she gets my vote for the character of the season that most needs to get laid.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Fufufu, these last few eps have made me a happy shipper Laughing

Everything about this series is great. I look forward to it so much that I actually watch the raws. Next ep may be the last but I'm sure it'll be a strong ending.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Ya, this series is pretty damn good and I'm glad I picked it up all the way from the pilot episode now.

I hope the performance will end this series in a spectacular way especially for Wakana and the mother she loves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 has been good, they hit snags, but they are dedicated to move forward. Even if the school and world are trying to stop them, they move forward, each of the member have their own part. Hopefully we will finally see that principal just throw the dealings of that guy in his face, he can take his dealings somewhere else.

Will we get a song with enough passion to inspire a will to fight the powah?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9