• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
For all the momentum it was building for a climactic ending, it was so... not. ^^; It felt like they just rushed the ending because they ran out of episodes. Not incredibly horrible the way they ended it, but it certainly didn't explain much. It sounded as if everything was going to be fine now and no need to worry about BETA anymore just because thanks to a few bombers they were able to stop Red Shift. Umm....????

It would have been more dramatic if they had spoiler[let the Scarlet Twins kill Yuuuya]. It sounded like Sandek still had some plans.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
It would have been more dramatic if they had spoiler[let the Scarlet Twins kill Yuuuya]. It sounded like Sandek still had some plans.

Sandek clearly didn't expect Yuuya to survive, but when he did he was OK with it. They did a pretty good job with his archetype -- the ruthless military scientist that just might have a soft spot somewhere.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Sandek just wanted to get the twins back under control. He figured if they killed Yuuya it would shock them back to their senses. They regained control regardless so he was fine with it.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Actually, Sandek was right: it was spoiler[the shock of killing him that brought them back from that state the superfluous maybe-Nazi(is there any importance to the Master stabbing Italy?)] stuck them in. Inia spoiler[recovered when she realized what was about to happen] and Cryska spoiler[came to after she thought he was dead]. Though Sandek does seem like he has plans for Yuuya now.

But one thing that bugged me about that scene: spoiler[all that blood and the bastard wasn't even maimed! At least take an arm off, dammit]!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Actually, Sandek was right: it was spoiler[the shock of killing him that brought them back from that state the superfluous maybe-Nazi(is there any importance to the Master stabbing Italy?)]

The knife hit Japan, actually.

Polycell wrote:
But one thing that bugged me about that scene: spoiler[all that blood and the bastard wasn't even maimed! At least take an arm off, dammit]!

That was oil, not blood.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I posted this in a separate thread but I may as well post it here:

Happy Birthday, Cryska!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote
^
*stare*

Wait, what was I doing?
jl07045

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
I posted this in a separate thread but I may as well post it here:

Happy Birthday, Cryska!

Well, now that I have seen how her word is spelled in Cyrillic, I realize what should have been obvious to me from beginning. "Kрыса" means "rat" and "крыска" would be the diminutive form of that.

Still not as dumb as some Gundam names of course.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:

Despite the events of the last episode not happening in the original material (I'd have to dig them out of storage to be sure.), I'm pretty sure they're might've been a little nudge here. spoiler[ In the novels, Yui gets 'shot.' The words Sandek said might've been the proof that he was the one who ordered the assassination on Yui in the novels. ] Then again, maybe I'm just being a conspiracy theorist at the moment.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
No, I think his line was pretty clear on that. spoiler[Talk about murdering the hypotenuse.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
i went into this expecting something like Starship Troopers. i didn't really get that, but I'm not too disappointed. I've got no problems with the ending. i think I'll give it a good rating
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote
The game's been out for a bit now and I doubt the anime did well enough for a second season so if anyone's wondering what happens next, here are a few key points:

SPOILERS, obviously.

spoiler[- Yui is Yuuya's half sister, so there goes that ship. She gets over it and drops a lot of hints to Yuuya, but he doesn't have a clue.

- Though it kind of doesn't matter because he picks Cryska anyways. Sandek was going to dispose of her because she was reaching her expiry date, so Yuuya breaks in to rescue her and Inia.

- His team tries to stop him but he gets away. Unfortunately Cryska still dies because she needs to be put in the liquid chamber occasionally to keep her alive.

- Yuuya was originally going to escape to the US but he goes to Russia instead because he wants to bury Cryska in her homeland. There he meets up with a not-dead Latrova and goes into hiding with her.

- Time skip a few months to Operation Cherry Blossom (the Climax of the original game). Yuuya helps the Russians out on their end of the operation piloting a dual seater Shiranui with Inia.

- Debut of the Fort Laser Class BETA which can snipe things in orbit. Cryka's NewType Ghost lends her power to Yuuya and he charges at it. Credits roll.

- Everyone else is shown in a montage fighting for their respective countries.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
well that made me sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
*puts all feelings for the series in a box and locks it*
Maybe I am glad that I did not actually have to watch that, I probably would have gotten very frustrated.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
The game's been out for a bit now and I doubt the anime did well enough for a second season so if anyone's wondering what happens next, here are a few key points:

SPOILERS, obviously.

spoiler[- Yui is Yuuya's half sister, so there goes that ship. She gets over it and drops a lot of hints to Yuuya, but he doesn't have a clue.

- His team tries to stop him but he gets away. Unfortunately Cryska still dies because she needs to be put in the liquid chamber occasionally to keep her alive.

- Yuuya was originally going to escape to the US but he goes to Russia instead because he wants to bury Cryska in her homeland. There he meets up with a not-dead Latrova and goes into hiding with her.
]

1) Totally saw it coming. It makes sense, given a few of the hints dropped in the original novel.

2) God, I can't wait for TE to pop up in an SRW game. What? spoiler[ If SRW can rewrite for Stella to still live (L) from the events of SEED Destiny, they can totally do it with that. ]

3) ............
I knew having that as a crack ship would pay off. Awesome. spoiler[Best girl lives after all. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 26