Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Vesperia RPG to Get Theatrical Film This Year


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 3970

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
Awww, I was expecting a TV series so there could be more possibilities of Ristelle moments! Maybe in the future DVD extras.... Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Splash



Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 73

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
zomg, Toriumi Kousuke~~~ Haven't played Vesperia but I liked what I saw of them in the Radiant Mythology 2.
Directed by Digimon movie 4's... That's going to have some kickass action xD~~~ Mm movie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SongstressCela



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 615
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:15 pm Reply with quote
A theatrical film? o_o So a big budget in exchange for a ton of scene cuts? I'm not sure how I feel about that, though I do think out of any Tales game Vesperia could be turned into a shortened movie the easiest. It could be alright. As long as there's a ton of Ristelle moments, yes! 8D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
glitteringloke



Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote
another Tales game to anime that's going to have so much story cut. (Abyss seems to be the one that's won out hte best out of all the different Tales game to anime titles)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Asamidori



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Just for the hell of it:

Toriumi Kousuke voices Yuri Lowell, the main character in the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who Is This Guy!?



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quote
What the hell.

Tales of Vesperia was so friggin...mediocre, that if it wasn't for the crazy fun battle system...the game would've been an epic fail... >_>;;

The movie will cut up the already shitty story into an ever bigger plate of Alabama Hot Pockets...and won't exactly have the benefit of participating in the awesome, fun battle system...

This has disaster and "waste of budget" written all over it. Instead of wasting money on this crap...why don't they fund, oh, I dunno, a second Haruhi season? Or, I dunno, feeding starving children also scores some Moses McMuffins...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Unknown Memory



Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying Tales of Abyss as it is in game format. Before the anime aired, I always thought that it could easily be flexed into at least 26 episodes since they have some fillers that are fomula-ic in manga/anime adventure stories. As a movie, it probably can be done too (if it wasn't for the anime itself). I've heard that the anime kind of fell apart at a certain point though...such as the animation quality (or the characters)? >_>

So, I'm kind of worried as to whether I should finish the anime once I'm done with the game. (Since the anime version, itself, was impressive that it followed literally with the game... I'm afraid of watching past a certain amount of episodes.)

Can't say much about Vesperia as I never played it. Read the first few chapters of the manga though. The story synoposis didn't really catch me as much as Abyss does, but I thought it was ok.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SongstressCela



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 615
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
What the hell.

Tales of Vesperia was so friggin...mediocre, that if it wasn't for the crazy fun battle system...the game would've been an epic fail... >_>;;

The movie will cut up the already shitty story into an ever bigger plate of Alabama Hot Pockets...and won't exactly have the benefit of participating in the awesome, fun battle system...

This has disaster and "waste of budget" written all over it. Instead of wasting money on this crap...why don't they fund, oh, I dunno, a second Haruhi season? Or, I dunno, feeding starving children also scores some Moses McMuffins...


Congratulations on trolling probably the most well-received JRPG this generation. I'm sure you're very proud of yourself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
mastertr



Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I can't wait. Anything Tales related and I'm there. I would have loved for a series to be made, but a movie is nice too, and who knows, if the movie takes off, maybe a series is in the future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Who Is This Guy!?



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
What the hell.

Tales of Vesperia was so friggin...mediocre, that if it wasn't for the crazy fun battle system...the game would've been an epic fail... >_>;;

The movie will cut up the already shitty story into an ever bigger plate of Alabama Hot Pockets...and won't exactly have the benefit of participating in the awesome, fun battle system...

This has disaster and "waste of budget" written all over it. Instead of wasting money on this crap...why don't they fund, oh, I dunno, a second Haruhi season? Or, I dunno, feeding starving children also scores some Moses McMuffins...


Congratulations on trolling probably the most well-received JRPG this generation. I'm sure you're very proud of yourself.

I hate the term troll, only because it's so [expletive] abused these days; the moment anyone says anything that disagrees with rabid fanboys, they're automatically reduced to a troll.

Before you type down anything more, I suggest you shove your dick in your mouth, that way we don't have to read anything anymore from you, and you can go about pleasuring yourself.

Really. I said it's a fun game... But the story is absolute shit. Hence, making it into a movie...will take out all the fun out of it, and just leave the shit portions as they are.

If you fully read my post instead of focusing all your imaginary killing intent on how evil I am, and must be destroyed...THINK, and READ before you type.

FYI...the most well-received JRPG this generation...was Persona 4. >_> But, I wouldn't count a Tales fanboy to know the statistics, outside his head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SongstressCela



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 615
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, if you're that insistent...

Quote:
Before you type down anything more, I suggest you shove your dick in your mouth


A: I don't have one, and

B: These mods must be more lenient than I thought if you get away with almost 200 posts and language like that. Tsk tsk!

Quote:
But the story is absolute shit.


Hint: Tales games have always been about the characters rather than the story. If you can find me a Tales game with a good story, I've got some awesome beachfront property to sell you up in Montana.

No one goes into the Tales series expecting some hard-hitting political drama or some gripping narration. They go into them expecting fun battle systems and enjoyable characters on a personal level. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Quote:
If you fully read my post instead of focusing all your imaginary killing intent on how evil I am


Because calling someone a troll certainly equates to killing intent, yessir!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Who Is This Guy!?



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:

A: I don't have one, and

B: These mods must be more lenient than I thought if you get away with almost 200 posts and language like that. Tsk tsk!

In that case, find another fanboy like that, and shove theirs.

And also...out of my almost 200 posts...this is most likely the first time I've been this pissed off.

SongstressCela wrote:

Hint: Tales games have always been about the characters rather than the story. If you can find me a Tales game with a good story, I've got some awesome beachfront property to sell you up in Montana.

No one goes into the Tales series expecting some hard-hitting political drama or some gripping narration. They go into them expecting fun battle systems and enjoyable characters on a personal level. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

I know. That's why Vesperia is the sorriest of them all. Don't get me wrong...I don't hate Tales. But Vesperia was a downgrade. Especially in terms of characters. They're so generic it ain't even funny.

SongstressCela wrote:
Because calling someone a troll certainly equates to killing intent, yessir!

Because I am an evil troll, and I must be destroyed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SongstressCela



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 615
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Who Is This Guy!?"]
SongstressCela wrote:


In that case, find another fanboy like that, and shove theirs.

And also...out of my almost 200 posts...this is most likely the first time I've been this pissed off.


I'll pass. Might want to do something about that anger management if a game gets one this worked up, though.

Quote:
I know. That's why Vesperia is the sorriest of them all. Don't get me wrong...I don't hate Tales. But Vesperia was a downgrade. Especially in terms of characters. They're so generic it ain't even funny.


...What? Yuri completely breaks the mold alone. He's in his 20s, he takes matters into his own hands rather than being a total moral***, he's got no qualms about dirtying his hands with some vigilante justice rather than acting like some good ol' boy...o_O Estelle is certainly more than just the naive noble that crops up so often, too. She's brave, she's willing to go out of her way for the cause when it's needed, she's actually intelligent at times given all of her reading...

Karol is more than the typical whiny shota, also being intelligent at times and persevering even when the other guild shuts him down...Sheesh. Vesperia has the absolute least cliched cast in the entire series! I'm wondering if we even played the same game...>__>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Who Is This Guy!?



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 176

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
[quote="SongstressCela"]
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
SongstressCela wrote:


In that case, find another fanboy like that, and shove theirs.

And also...out of my almost 200 posts...this is most likely the first time I've been this pissed off.


I'll pass. Might want to do something about that anger management if a game gets one this worked up, though.

Quote:
I know. That's why Vesperia is the sorriest of them all. Don't get me wrong...I don't hate Tales. But Vesperia was a downgrade. Especially in terms of characters. They're so generic it ain't even funny.


...What? Yuri completely breaks the mold alone. He's in his 20s, he takes matters into his own hands rather than being a total moral***, he's got no qualms about dirtying his hands with some vigilante justice rather than acting like some good ol' boy...o_O Estelle is certainly more than just the naive noble that crops up so often, too. She's brave, she's willing to go out of her way for the cause when it's needed, she's actually intelligent at times given all of her reading...

Karol is more than the typical whiny shota, also being intelligent at times and persevering even when the other guild shuts him down...Sheesh. Vesperia has the absolute least cliched cast in the entire series! I'm wondering if we even played the same game...>__>

See...? You're defending it. If you weren't a fangirl, you'd just keep on labeling me as a troll...or just outright ignore me, or hell, LOL along with me.

I'm not angry anymore. Razz I'm amused. Now that statistics are out of your favor, you're gonna depend on the contents of the game, which doesn't work in the first place since not everyone has your mindset...

Now you're just trying to convince me that the game has a worthwhile story and characters.

Yeah. Not gonna happen. I'll still label it as crap. I'll still say you're wrong, and I'll sure as hell still say I'm right.

This coming from an ex-Tales fan...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SongstressCela



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 615
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Uh...statistics are on my side. <_<; The game was incredibly well-received, it made Japan of all places temporarily sell out of the dreaded Xbox, it's got extremely high review scores nearly across the board...But yeah, whatever you say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group