• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hayate's Hata Confirms New Anime Is Not 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
J3N0V4 wrote:
...... the Hayate movie is almost exactly the same character design as the manga and it was very well received in Japan with people only saying the Negima movie was shit.... orz

I'd debate this whole "they're the same character designs as the manga". There's a world of difference between Hata's newer, streamlined designs and Manglobes "Look, I'm a candy bubble!". The similarity basically begins and ends with Hayate having waaay too much hair. That said, I liked the movie, other than the character designs. It doesn't mean I'm not going to call it out for looking pretty lousy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
mad mac wrote:
Quote:

And chances are if its a reboot, now way in hell is it going to last long enough to hit new material.

It's not a reboot. It's going to be new material from episode one, as far as we know.

Honestly, I suspect half the reason they're doing this is because the manga is five years ahead of where the anime left off and they know that catching up is impossible.

then that would be a sequel, wouldnt it? if it new material and doesnt overlap its a sequel, which he says its not; if it covers material covered before in the anime then its a reboot; either way Ill watch but imo rosario is the only show that really needs a reboot, even fma was fine
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Dude wtf. This, HXH. If it a 13 ep season okay, redo it; if its 26 ep season and as bad as Rosario Vamp Capu 2 okay; but if it in 50-70 range and pretty decent can we get a sequel, I am not interested in watching stuff I have already seen; HXH looks better, but its hard to watch right now because its all been done; maybe when they get past greed island okay.

And chances are if its a reboot, now way in hell is it going to last long enough to hit new material.

well the new hunter x hunter has been doing pretty well for itself so a potential reboot (if thats what it is) really isn't a bad thing.

besides the new anime's been doing a bunch of stuff better anyway *thats just me* so saying this won't is also a bit of a strech
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

then that would be a sequel, wouldnt it? if it new material and doesnt overlap its a sequel, which he says its not; if it covers material covered before in the anime then its a reboot; either way Ill watch but imo rosario is the only show that really needs a reboot, even fma was fine

If I'm reading his blog correctly, he says it's not a direct continuation of the previous series. Seems like it's to be mostly/all new material.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:44 am Reply with quote
To me as long as the Voice actors remain the same! I will watch and enjoy the story also as long as it follows what the author had in mind for the future plots of the manga. I mean I spent all that time with 1-19 and wait for number 20 as I write this.
The manga has reached number 32 in japan.
My hope is that viz brings the whole manga here!
I would love to see the second season get a release and the first season get a REPRINT! seeing as it was never really put out in whole dvd #8!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:31 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I didn't even notice the difference in character design in the movie. I'm a huge fan of the franchise but I didn't dig the movie based on the fact that the story didn't grab me and the humour didn't seem as effective. I'm very disappointed this isn't a 3rd season because I liked the 2nd season a ton. Oh well, I'll keep an open mind and hope that whatever we get is good on its own terms.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Nooooooooooo! This not being the 3rd season is the 2nd worst news all day. #1 is that it's inspired by the good awful movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2