• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New xxxHOLiC, Tsubasa DVD Trailers Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
The quality of the animation looks top notch. I'm very excited.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I see Seishirou......okay, that just gurantes that I'm going to watch it... *grabby hands*

Besides, I approve anything CLAMP related. :3
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
I'm still mourning the fact that they're skipping Infinity and Celes. Crying or Very sad Especially Celes. My inner Fai-fangirl and my outer Kurogane-fangirl are weeping for Celes not being animated. Thank you for completely skipping the character developments of my two favorite characters... Sad
O-chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah but it's pretty much a usual pattern with CLAMP anime works where as the manga gets darker and more revelation heavy the anime versions tend to deviate into lighter fare or less intense territory.
This happened with Magic Knight Rayearth (Season 1 was done right, Season 2 very quickly deviated into its own universe) , Chobits (in terms of pointless filler), and X (this HAD to happen since the manga is still unfinished).

Card Captor Sakura is the only anime incarnation that managed to stay remotely close to the manga (sans a few key elements of the final volume). Angelic Layer was an improvement on the source material.

I think by taking out the crossover elements xxxHolic and Tsubasa anime got a bit of the short end of the stick because that now means we KNOW certain characters story arcs are going to be completely different in the anime.

Still, it's at least good that the anime versions are continuing and at least attempting to follow the manga versions to their possible conclusions.

O-chan
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
I see Seishirou......okay, that just gurantes that I'm going to watch it... *grabby hands*

I don't think that surprises anyone. It was pretty obvious from the way his previous appearance ended that he's going to have to show up again before the story ends to the point that I don't think anyone could even reasonably consider it a spoiler. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2