• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Gets TV Anime in October & Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:58 am Reply with quote
I only hope the animation studio has managed to convince Setsuo Yamamoto and Yuko Takehara to compose the music for this series. After all, they gave us these great Jojo themes from the arcade game:

Polnareff
Jotaro
Joseph Joestar
Konopan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
Part 1, Phantom Blood, is only 5 volumes long... should translate well enough into a 13-15 episode series.

I have to wonder if the series will be split cours (obviously taking more for each one after the first) for each part, though, or if whatever studio's tackling this will try and make it into a real-deal long runner.

Also, whether or not they'll be changing characters thanks to Araki's love for musical references conflicting with pesky copyrights.
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
OH! MY! GOD!
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
This just had to get announced once i started to buy the OVAs eh? Got Volume 4 recently and will be getting the rest hopefully next month so if it's good then i might check out this new series.

FlamingLight wrote:
Which part is this based on?

If it's based on Part 3 then they better have an alternative for a certain scene in order to avoid getting any heat like with the original series.

That edit was just cowardly pandering to Muslims. There's no reason why they should change any scenes like this! Why must people be such gutless, hand-wringing cowards?
cloud8100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Have to watch this. Been wanting to checking Jojo's bizarre adventure for a while now. Smile
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying really hard not to use all caps and freak out right now.

So yeah, this sounds really good. I'm terribly excited.

I'm very curious what part they'll be adapting. Sure Phantom Blood is relatively short but it's also relatively normal compared to other parts, y'know?

...Now I have to go tell my friend who is going to be like 10x more excited than me if she doesn't already know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't get why people are wondering what part is going to be adapted first. The trailer showing Jonathan Joestar animated is a dead giveaway that the show will start with Phantom Blood.

Hell, what I would like to know is what possessed Hirohiko Araki to change his mind about new Jojo animation? I thought he put his foot down entirely over no new animation after the abomination that was the Phantom Blood movie.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I don't get why people are wondering what part is going to be adapted first. The trailer showing Jonathan Joestar animated is a dead giveaway that the show will start with Phantom Blood.
Which link is for the trailer? I totally missed it.

Edit: Nevermind, found the clip on tumblr.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LupinTheFourth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote

Even Speedwagon is excited!
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
my life is complete. i can die happy now, but only after i finish the entire anime series. and let's face it. that'll take forever. SO ILL LIVE FOREVER!!! WRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Pack a long lunch. If the animation studio is serious about adapting ALL of Jojo, it's gonna be a long, long journey.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3