• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece: Pirate Warriors's Gameplay Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
Finally! This is what I've been waiting to hear a true announcement, not a "we think" november announcement. I knew it wouldn't take over 6 months to sub a game. Europe sales are gonna fly while I'm not sure about US sales since it's coming out later.

This is going to be my first import game ever, excited as heck.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
"Press the button!

END IT!"

I'm going to have soooo much fun with this game when it hits the U.S. Anime hyper
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
A friend of mine came back from living in Japan for a visit in March and got this on his way to the airport for another friend who is the biggest One Piece fan among all of us. I saw him playing it and it was pretty damn amazing.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Huh. So I'm guessing they're not bothering with any sort of chronological consistency what with Luffy having that scar and able to do Elephant Gun against the Pacifista. Looks fun though. Curious how many characters are playable.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Huh. So I'm guessing they're not bothering with any sort of chronological consistency what with Luffy having that scar and able to do Elephant Gun against the Pacifista. Looks fun though. Curious how many characters are playable.

What is chronologically inconsistent about Luffy being able to do Elephant Gun while having that scar? He obviously learnt it before he was put in the situation hours later where he chose to use it.

If you mean that "we shouldn't use moves before they would be shown in the story?", yes that is something that would balance the story out but they only cover this fight as a tutorial for the rest of the game (most of the arcs up to Marineford-Whitebeard War) so it is either have the move as a super or make no unique super for 3D2Y Luffy.

The characters playable was confirmed long ago when and perhaps before it released in Japan. The whole crew of 9 are playable along with Jimbei, Boa Hancock and Whitebeard. That's it.
Raoh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing Namco Bandai had planned to do a digital only release of this, does anyone know if that still holds true?

Because if it does, I am going to import it from EU. I'm not a fan of digital only releases.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Still sad the game won't be getting a 360 port even if it's digital only. I get that more anime fans, in general, have a PS3. But yeah, Koei Tecmo's been busy with a lot of these anime adaptations. Ken's Rage 2/Hokuto Musou 2 got a US announcement and I'm pretty sure it'll only be a matter of time before DW: Gundam 4/Gundam Musou 4 is announced. Some time after, the next Kaizoku Musou will be announced.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
I remember hearing Namco Bandai had planned to do a digital only release of this, does anyone know if that still holds true?

Because if it does, I am going to import it from EU. I'm not a fan of digital only releases.

Yup, Digital-only in US, Digital & Disc in EU.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote
But will there be a Funimation dub? That's what I wonder. I watch both languages so I do wonder.
Zopyros

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:42 am Reply with quote
YES, YES, YES!

What's even better is that there is a Collectors edition of the game Very Happy!
Which I will be getting even though I already have the treasure box edition from Japan :3

http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/07/06/one-piece-pirate-warriors-arrives-in-september/
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
But will there be a Funimation dub? That's what I wonder. I watch both languages so I do wonder.

It was confirmed to be in Japanese-only.

http://twitter.com/shonenjump/status/210122830631796737
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:26 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:

Nope. It was confirmed by VIZ that there won't be an English dub of any sort.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/06/no-english-dub-for-one-piece-pirate-warriors/
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:37 am Reply with quote
Makes sense really. I mean those who are following the dub haven't even gotten to Water 7. Throwing them into Marineford would be a bit too much.
sniper_samurai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Zopyros wrote:
YES, YES, YES!

What's even better is that there is a Collectors edition of the game Very Happy!
Which I will be getting even though I already have the treasure box edition from Japan :3

http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/07/06/one-piece-pirate-warriors-arrives-in-september/

The collectors edition isn't going to be sold in the UK though so I ordered it from amazon spain.

I can't see there being multiple versions of the disc for this and am fairly confident that if you buy a continental version it will be in English.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1