• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Garbage - Ki•Me•Ra

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Showsni wrote:
LordPrometheus wrote:
Earth_Wyrm wrote:
Eh? Many kids grew up loving the humourous way that James effeminately spoke his name during their intro sequences.

"Jesse!"
"James <3 Wink"

Yeah, I never figured James for being gay, just a cross-dressing goofball like Bugs Bunny. Bugs Bunny dressed like a girl all the time, and nobody ever thought he was gay. James and Bugs' cross-dressing was done purely for comedy's sake, and nothing more.

He might be a bit effeminate, but I don't think he's gay.

Shocked Omg. What did I start with all the gender-bender talk? Laughing
Well, at least 4-Kids will be happy to know that they've done a throughly good job confusing their fans.
konkonsn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Elves wrote:
Well, at least 4-Kids will be happy to know that they've done a throughly good job confusing their fans.

Lol. I'm pretty sure, though, that James is the type of person who is attracted to (in both the magnetic and sexual) dominating people. I always figured he wore female clothing because Jesse liked the male outfits, and after a time, he started enjoying himself.

I read a summary of this movie on Wikipedia. These reviews often make me want to check out the bad show for its camp, but the plot looks so terrible that I don't think I will waste my time.

lord_darkseid wrote:
BTW, for garbage selections, have you done Apocalypse Zero yet?

I could have sworn it has been covered. It's the one with the old man who uses a 4-year-old's term for the dragon genitals he attacks people with, right?
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Elves...you'd be surprised how much people dissect and overanalyze shitty children's merchandising shows. It's really a spectacle in and of itself.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote
konkonsn wrote:
I could have sworn it has been covered. It's the one with the old man who uses a 4-year-old's term for the dragon genitals he attacks people with, right?

A man who attacks people with dragon genitalia? I must see this Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Elves wrote:
Showsni wrote:
LordPrometheus wrote:
Earth_Wyrm wrote:
Eh? Many kids grew up loving the humourous way that James effeminately spoke his name during their intro sequences.

"Jesse!"
"James <3 Wink"

Yeah, I never figured James for being gay, just a cross-dressing goofball like Bugs Bunny. Bugs Bunny dressed like a girl all the time, and nobody ever thought he was gay. James and Bugs' cross-dressing was done purely for comedy's sake, and nothing more.

He might be a bit effeminate, but I don't think he's gay.

I love James.
And he is soooo gay.
He's totally whipped by the gals in his life or he'd go find himself a nice boy. He carries his own make-up with him. Don't forget the bikini incident with the pump-up boobies.

Apocalypse Zero is just wild. It's really a must see, from the Amazon Beauty running around naked (makes a guy's face into half a bra. Poor Shinichiro Miki!) I forget if the guy with the Mr. Microphone schlong made it into the anime, but he was in the book. It is soooooo much uber "Show me your Spirit" shonen crap, it's too much fun. The hero's brother is the baddie-didn't he get his schlong sliced off & now runs around in make-up? I forget if it's that or the Buddha thing of reaching perfection & becoming both genders (like Saiyuki's Merciful Goddess)

It's been so long since I watched Sadamitsu. I seem to recall an annoying talking helmet. Isn't it Dan Green or Sean Schemmel? Or both? Sean Schemmel was ADR?
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Eruanna wrote:
konkonsn wrote:

It's really, really, REALLY bad though.
Especially the grotesque almost-completely-naked alien woman thing that tries eating everyone. And the guy uses his genetialia as a microphone as well, if memory serves me correct... Anime dazed
I don't think it's been in Buried Garbage (although I could've sworn there was a review for it here) but if anything it definately deserves to be in this column.
Descent123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I watched this turd not too long ago. Except for the good animation the OVA pretty much sucked.
Elves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Oh, Elves...you'd be surprised how much people dissect and overanalyze shitty children's merchandising shows. It's really a spectacle in and of itself.

So I noticed. Smile lol
konkonsn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
I don't think it's been in Buried Garbage (although I could've sworn there was a review for it here) but if anything it definately deserves to be in this column.

I can't find it in the archives for this column, so it must have been someone else who reviewed it. Like you, though, I do think it was on this site. Because the only other place I would have read about it would've been on tvtropes.
jsieczka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
Eruanna wrote:
konkonsn wrote:

It's really, really, REALLY bad though.
Especially the grotesque almost-completely-naked alien woman thing that tries eating everyone. And the guy uses his genetialia as a microphone as well, if memory serves me correct... Anime dazed

Ah yes the S&M Clown that sucks peoples faces off, eats them then regurgitates the living skeleton. And yes the big blue guy does use his parts as a mic to sing with, Not to mention he uses it as a squirt gun.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:19 am Reply with quote
Ooh, yeah, Apocalypse Zero... I remember seeing that as a fansub and couldn't believe it when MB licensed it.

I do have a friend that works there that is a gigantic fan. She will kill me when this inevitably gets inducted to the hall of shame. Very Happy
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quote
To those who've said they could have sworn they saw a review for Apocalypse Zero here: apparently Carlo Santos reviewed the first volume of the manga.

animenewsnetwork.com/review/apocalypse-zero-gn-1

Probably what most of you are thinking about.
kushiel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
LondinCalling wrote:
I remember renting this crap.

Me too. It was part of my early 00s phase of renting everything I could. I was totally confused, but it all suddenly became clear when I found out it was based on a yaoi manga.

Further up in the thread someone mentions it being packed in with Blood Reign. Yep, saw that one too. Those were the days...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote
konkonsn wrote:

Wait what?
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Now I know why I've never wanted to finish watching this piece of crap-I watched about 5 minutes of it when I 1st got it. On well-maybe I can give it to some unsuspecting person.......!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5