• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them! (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 am Reply with quote

NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them!

Plot Summary: The story centers around Mikadono Shougo, the son of an industrial magnate named Mikadono Kumagorou who passed away. As a final wish, Kumagorou gave Shougo a condition before Shougo can inherit the family legacy — find a female mate at school. Shougo transfers into a school to fulfill that condition. However, he learns that he has a younger sister who was separated at birth. He does not know what his long-lost sister looks like, but she happens to be one of the students at his new school.

12 Episodes
School, Comedy, Harem, Seinen, Romance

Ep.1
Well I'd like to say this exceeded all expectations and i was wrong for judging it before i watched it, but sadly thats not true and it met expectations exactly.

A fairly shallow plot revolving around getting the girl, but with the twist of spoiler[avoiding incest], although i'm kinda doubting it'll do a whole lot to differ itself from similar shows.

Trad. harem, i'm guessing each standard harem girl type will be accounted for by next episode, pretty standard male lead.

I'm kinda running out of things to say, its just kinda standard harem material, if i had to guess i'd go as far as to say that during the series at some point we'll see a school festival, beach trip, pool trip or hot springs trip, along with each girl getting her own "episode" alone in the spotlight.

It's just all abit too familiar really....

Last edited by Volibear on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:26 am Reply with quote
Logic dictates that the one in the middle in his sister.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

I say that she is a childhood friend who used to call him big brother. Twintail tsundere is the sister. I won't be hanging around to find out.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:57 am Reply with quote
Like I mentioned in the preview thread, there's no way in hell it's the rich ojousama type, it never is. The only time those characters have "won" are in OtoBoku and it can be inferred in Ladies Versus Butlers. It also can't be the witch hat girl, because that's too just much of a risk, the winners are always the boring ones.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
My guess now is that spoiler[Konoe is his sister, her reactions to him saying that he is an only child, her hair seems to somewhat match what we saw, and she just seems to be the type.] When they had that Konoe flirting with him was the discussion that Sena and Yozora had in Haganai about those type of characters. Would have loved it if she turned out to be a manipulative *bad word* who was acting that way for the money.

I can live with trashy harem shows like this, ironic that this will probably be something I watch often. I want to learn more about the girl in the cosplay.

Almost forgot to mention the teacher, just throwing a character like that will grab my attention for unnecessary reasons, reminds me of a more far out Komoe from Index.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
Ah, my favorite censorship tool: The light-consuming black hole underwear. Which is necessary, because as we see in the bath scene, girls' crotches are blindingly radiant.

I do want to meet the guy who can make those kinds of screeching turns in a delivery truck.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

I say that she is a childhood friend who used to call him big brother. Twintail tsundere is the sister. I won't be hanging around to find out.

I'm with you on this one. Unless this is going to involve incest, in which case I'd change my bet to the middle one. Either way, I find the other three very unlikely.

In the proper order:

dumb - nosy - normal (possibly tsundere) - rich brat - wacko

If you look at it this way it's an easy pick. Man, they really have stereotyped anime if I can tell this much without watching or reading anything. Assuming I'm right.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
hmm well seeing this ep ok might hang around to watch it.

so we got a guy who dad just kick the bucket now later inherit a fortune give scar cant' remember some past & oh he have a sister?!

ok then seen 5 girls mention hmm to wonder sure wild guessing unless take maury's dna test to see you are the sister or you are not the sister?

well ok then see how it goes.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Okay based on the funeral scene, the girl has a small bust, so that narrows it down to the twin tail girl and the witch hat girl. I am going to bet that it is the twin tail girl based on her reactions to when Shougo mentioned only child and marriage.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably watch another episode or two, but boy, it's going to have to do quite a bit better than the first episode to keep me watching for the season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I do not feel compelled to watch more of this show. I didn't find myself enjoying it in any way. Normally, I'd be able to tolerate harem shows but this one just didn't give me any vibes that I'll enjoy it. I'll probably stay and watch this show to find out who the little sister really is but knowing harems, it may be unlikely for them to actually reveal who it is. So far, my bet is on the second girl in the picture.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to go with the twin haired girl but also the girl in the middle as the runner-up.

But we all know that in the end, the protagonist wins no matter who he chooses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

The dark-haired non-stereotype one, you mean?
Well, that's strange, they're usually brown-haired... Confused
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I'll probably watch another episode or two, but boy, it's going to have to do quite a bit better than the first episode to keep me watching for the season.

Same here. The episode was cute, but highly forgettable. I think Konoe might be the saving grace for me to continue watching the show.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

My money is on two of them being his little sister, but only one knows about it.

This game of Imoto Roulette is just too much simple fun for me to pass on. I'll be here all season, folks!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8