• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation Oct / Nov / Dec 2012 Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
via TRSI
Quote:
FUNimation Updates Release Schedule
Posted on: Wednesday, October 24, 2012

FUNimation announced a number of updates to its November and December 2012 and January 2013 release slates. Affected titles include the following:
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
TRSI exclusive bundle

potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
that booklet might be nice to have
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Hellsing Ultimate Set 2 (Vol.5 - 8) (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

LINK (someone's snapshot from Facebook)
Quote:
With art box for sets 1 & 2!

Last edited by WTK on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:10 am; edited 4 times in total
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Wait what art box is that? Is that supposed to come with the second set or something? I'm confused I thought both sets were just coming in a BD case with a slip cover.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
This is set 2 (the patch is the TRSI bonus gift item). That's why set 2 has a higher MSRP. I'm baffled why this info wasn't provided to the various retailers.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Yea, I mean not only that but I want to say that even the promo clips don't show the box at the end of the clip. I already received part 1 and figured that since it didn't come with a box and the artwork at RightStuf, Amazon and other retailers don't show a box for neither part 1 or 2 that we wouldn't be getting one. I was actually kind of disappointed, but seeing that we will get one is a nice surprise.

The higher price didn't really register with me, because I pre-ordered and set 2 was only like $5 more at the time.

Thanks for the info WTK, its appreciated.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Now the only problem is....

Once volumes 9 & 10 get licensed, where we gonna put 'em? Confused
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote
I'd have rather the artbox came with set 1. I'm quite happy with my Geneon releases, so I have no need to double dip on the first set, I just want the second set. No need for an artbox here. Yeah, strange for me, a definite collector type to be complaining about an art box existing, but I can always just toss it if I decide I don't want it. I just wish they could have kept going with the steelcase releases. I liked those.
lem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I'd have rather the artbox came with set 1. I'm quite happy with my Geneon releases, so I have no need to double dip on the first set, I just want the second set. No need for an artbox here. Yeah, strange for me, a definite collector type to be complaining about an art box existing, but I can always just toss it if I decide I don't want it. I just wish they could have kept going with the steelcase releases. I liked those.

yeah it would've been really nice to complete the set with newer steelcases or even a coffin type art box? But with the quality of the blu-ray pic and sound as it is.... eh. they could've put it all in a couple of S.A.V.E. cases and I'd still be saying kudos to Funi. I definitely like the look and sound of the blu much more than the dvds.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
thanks for adding the extra pics WTK, now I know what the backside looks like too. Darn, I actually like the art on the BDs much more than what's on the box at this point. I don't care for the white on the bottom. I would have preferred full page art. Well at least I'm getting the box, however I too am left wondering what they will do with 9 & 10? I thought before seeing the new pics that they might leave an extra space in the box, but I guess they wont. Will 9 & 10 come with its own box to at least match the first 2 sets? And will they try to get the rights to Hellsing: The Dawn to include with the later release? It should prove interesting, vol. 10 comes out BD I think this December in Japan, so hopefully we will know by this spring.
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
thanks for adding the extra pics WTK, now I know what the backside looks like too. Darn, I actually like the art on the BDs much more than what's on the box at this point. I don't care for the white on the bottom. I would have preferred full page art. Well at least I'm getting the box, however I too am left wondering what they will do with 9 & 10? I thought before seeing the new pics that they might leave an extra space in the box, but I guess they wont. Will 9 & 10 come with its own box to at least match the first 2 sets? And will they try to get the rights to Hellsing: The Dawn to include with the later release? It should prove interesting, vol. 10 comes out BD I think this December in Japan, so hopefully we will know by this spring.

When asked about The Dawn at the Hellsing panel at NY Comic Con, the Funi rep was non-committal but the face of the staff told everyone that they either have it, or will have it.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
That Hellsing artbox is pretty cool, but what about when ep 9-10 come out? :/
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Someone did an unboxing video for the 2nd set of Hellsing Ultimate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 17