• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation Oct / Nov / Dec 2012 Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
While the box looks great, I wish they would've used a different picture for the back. That shot of Seras is already included on the inside cover of Set 1. There are several other cover artworks from the JP releases of eps. 1-8 that are nowhere to be seen on the US releases. One of those could have been a better choice.

Last edited by doubleO7 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...this presents a a problem as I didn't order set 1 of Hellsing Ultimate because I already had the 4 Geneon steelbooks. I guess I'll be putting the 4th steelbook in there to fill the space or something. Confused
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Hmm...this presents a a problem as I didn't order set 1 of Hellsing Ultimate because I already had the 4 Geneon steelbooks. I guess I'll be putting the 4th steelbook in there to fill the space or something. Confused
That's sadly the problem with several of Funi's artbox releases, such as Spice and Wolf II and Black Butler II. I wanted both of them, but I'm not willing to double dip on getting the re-released Blu-Ray/DVD combos of the Season Ones just to fit into the artboxes.

But I do admit, for newer collectors of these series, it is nice that an artbox is being provided. It just bites for people that already have previous releases and don't want to replace them for one reason or another.
ElkBit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote
I just noticed the price for the Lain box set dropped from when I originally pre-ordered it. I had the price locked in at $67.50 (not incl. shipping), but now it's gone to $53.99. Will RightStuf.com honor the lower price or will I need to cancel my original order? I've never ordered from them before.
Lady_Sage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
That's sadly the problem with several of Funi's artbox releases, such as Spice and Wolf II and Black Butler II. I wanted both of them, but I'm not willing to double dip on getting the re-released Blu-Ray/DVD combos of the Season Ones just to fit into the artboxes.

I can't speak for Black Butler II LE (since I don't own it), but the Spice and Wolf II LE art box was made to fit standard DVD cases. Even the case for the DVDs and Blu-ray discs included with the set was a standard DVD case (not a Blu-ray case), thus matching the size of the original season 1 release.

ElkBit wrote:
I just noticed the price for the Lain box set dropped from when I originally pre-ordered it. I had the price locked in at $67.50 (not incl. shipping), but now it's gone to $53.99. Will RightStuf.com honor the lower price or will I need to cancel my original order? I've never ordered from them before.

I can't say RightStuf will give you the lowest pre-order price (since they're not a big site like Amazon), so my advice would be to cancel your original order on Monday and make a new order to get the price you want. (That's what I did earlier this year when the Princess Jellyfish set I pre-ordered jumped down in price from what I had first ordered it at.) RightStuf's customer care team is great, so you should have no trouble with canceling your order.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:47 am Reply with quote
You may not even have to cancel the order. As long as you bring it to the attention of TRSI's customer care staff, they'll probably be able to change the price in the order itself.
supercreep

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
Blood- is correct. Whenever that happens to me, I simply chat with their customer service and they change the order.
ElkBit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I have sent them a message and I suppose now I have to wait until Monday to get a response. Thank you everyone for your help!
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
So we have a cast full of big bosomed beauties just ripe for an art book...and they give us a decal? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

There better be some hot-ass art (figuratively and literally) on those cases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
goHastings.com | via CAG
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Erm. Be careful if you guy decide to make use of that coupon. goHastings isn't exactly a top tier retailer.

On FIVE occasions, they sent me the wrong product and weren't exactly terribly cooperative in exchanging it back. And on two occasions, came quite damaged.

In short, be prepared for disappointment.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI (Mass Effect: Paragon Lost) - DVD & Blu-ray / DVD Combo
Quote:
While supplies last, customers ordering Mass Effect: Paragon Lost will also receive a Forever Normandy patch!
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
TRSI has changed the Set 2 listing to a Limited Edition release now.
Quote:
Hellsing Ultimate DVD/Blu-ray Set 2 (Hyb) Limited Edition (Vols 5-8)

This limited edition includes an artbox sized to hold both DVD/Blu-ray combo sets 1 and 2 of Hellsing Ultimate.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:
Erm. Be careful if you guy decide to make use of that coupon. goHastings isn't exactly a top tier retailer.

On FIVE occasions, they sent me the wrong product and weren't exactly terribly cooperative in exchanging it back. And on two occasions, came quite damaged.

In short, be prepared for disappointment.
I've bought over a dozen used bds from them so far without issue (although now I'm sure I've jinxed myself).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17