• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

Quote:
Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

Quote:
What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by WTK on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:37 am; edited 38 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
Nice! It's like a mini-13 days of Christmas sale. Glad to see that TRSI is not getting caught off-guard like last year when DeepDiscount got a jump of a few days on them with some awesome Black Friday/Cyber Monday prices.
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
Wow Thanksgiving is almost here!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Those are some pretty good deals. Too bad I already own everything there I'm interested in. We'll see what the 15th and 21st bring though!
Timesplitter 01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I am interested in some of the items in WAVE 3.........just not enough to justify the shipping costs. Going to have to wait till wave 2 and possibly 1
victor viper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
There's only one or two items in this wave that might tempt me. I picked up the first half of Allison and Lillia quite a while back, but I never really got into it. Since part 2 is so cheap, maybe that'll give me the incentive to go back and catch up.

There are some good deals though; I shudder to think what Kleckner has in store when the 'real' deals start...
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:15 am Reply with quote
I'll be keeping an eye on the counters for Allison and Lilia and especially Maid-sama as this is a good opportunity to get the whole season for a low price without getting stuck with a stackpak. Those two don't come quite up to free shipping so I'll try to wait for 11/15.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote
I hope Intrigue in Bakumatsu part 2 goes on sale. I looked up info on the series, not having heard of it, but clearly didn't really look or I would have noticed the director was Ryosuke Takahashi, one of my favorites ever, and put part 1 in my cart. But I just ordered Natsume's Book of Friends, and I think $50 is a lot for an anime, this would be like $60 without a Sentai sale or part 2 also being awesome enough to drop in. But mark my words, I will get it someday, as I own all the other shows by him to come out over here. Any idea how long it is between half and full sets for Sentai? I know it's about a year for Funi, but I'm not sure on Sentai.
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Why are there penguins all over Right Stuf this week? That's a long, melodramatic story...

These Penguins Have the Right Stuf: Part 1

or

3-2-1 Holiday Savings!

Space was awesome. Ensign Bubbles had always believed the Commander when she described what it would be like once they finished the ship and finally escaped the frozen moon of Europa, but believing and experiencing were two different things. Tethered by a hose and nothing else, he was swimming in the biggest ocean in the universe.

They had been taken to Europa as part of a grand experiment to find the liquid oceans hypothesized to lie under the frozen surface. The scientists would stay warm and dry inside their research station, and the penguins would risk the bitter, bitter cold searching for water. A robot goes only where it is told; a penguin, accustomed to Antarctica's ice, might instinctively find what had so far eluded science.

For all that the penguins were not exactly volunteers, having been captured and kept in deep stasis for the journey, the scientists were not cruel. They had fitted each penguin with an ice/wetsuit of sorts, since even a penguin would freeze at 250 degrees below. The suits were modeled after those worn by astronauts, and they had been what first gave the commander her idea.

The penguins had found water, through a series of cracks and tunnels in the shifting, broken ice, but the news would never reach Earth. The plate of ice the researchers had settled on was not as stable as they’d thought, and the "icequake" proved quicker and far deadlier than those on Earth.
a
The penguins were stranded. They'd found life in the water, including a species that vaguely resembled krill, but no penguin wants to live on Europa for the rest of their life. Tess had stepped up, organized the small group, and oversaw the process of cobbling together parts stripped from the station into a - hopefully sturdy - spaceship: the P.S.S. Steelbeak.

They'd loaded it up with as much of the Europan krill as they could and blasted off into the sky, slingshotting around Jupiter and setting a course for home.

The icesuits handily doubled for spacesuits, and with their great escape now orchestrated, it was time to relax and enjoy the ride. Lieutenant Lucky had said they might see space whales in the asteroid belt, but Commander Tess had scoffed. Marine animals, after all, did not live in space. Well, not usually. Still, Bubbles had stayed glued to the porthole all the way through, and was certain he’d seen a flick of a tail near Vesta.

Now, as he swam outside the ship, Bubbles took in the beautiful sight of home, the oceans bright, blue, and most decidedly not frozen. He'd miss this endless sea of stars and the near-effortless swims, but he would not miss the Europan krill. No, the first thing he was going to do when they landed was catch himself the biggest silverfish he could find and he would feast. Or maybe not, depending on where they landed. The Commander still hadn't quite worked out that detail.

But she'd have to work it out soon, as Bubbles was called back inside the Steelbeak and the countdown to re-entry commenced...
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Counter update from T-3 Deals. As expected the YA Ent. releases went out first (they're shutting down their business operation for those who don't know already: LINK).
Quote:
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:47 am Reply with quote
T-3

T-2

T-1

Last edited by WTK on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote
Wow, that was fast! I didn't think part 2 would get posted so fast, but I've lost track of time the last week anyway.

Hmm, Towanoquon, I like the art style on the front, it looks like a 70s shojo, worth it? I mean is it good, I could easily waste $23 on something else if it's not.
Yeah, ima wait for T-1, but I'll probably end up placing another order (now that I know Intrigue in Bakumatsu is directed by Ryosuke Takashi, and my friend made a good point that any complete collection set will be a hideous stackpack). Heck, I'll probably make two orders before the year's end, damn wallet stealers.

Buddha is fantastic, if I didn't already own it, I would buy those. Hopefully there will be more Vertical stuff in T-1 (I need GTO Early Years 14 and 15 here!).
Also, I must implore people not to but Hakugei. Usually, I don't think it's my business to tell people to avoid something as we all have different tastes, and I really tried to give this series the benefit of the doubt as the director is Osamu Dezaki, but dear Celestia, this is one of the most painful things I think I've ever sat entirely through. It's not worth the $9. Like, the first 10 or so eps are perfectly fine, but trust me when I say it's not the idea of chasing a giant mechanical white whale that's the problem. And not even giving Ahab this ridiculous pirate accent salvaged this (though I'm glad they did give him that voice for the dub as it did improve things).
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 am Reply with quote
Sadly, at least with T-3 and T-2, everything I'm interested in either a) my roommate or I already own (such as Night Raid 1931, Unlimited Blade Works, Sol Bianca), b) look interesting, but I can't justify a blind buy/unfinished watching buy (Angel Beats!!), or c) I really don't need at this point, and it'll probably be on sale again soon enough (Eva 2.22).

Maybe I'll see something in T-1, or else I'll wait for the Christmas sales.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quote
All eight volumes of Moribito for $18 is a STEAL! Too bad it comes with the cheap box and not the good one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
I already own it but I thought it might be worth mentioning that the Durarara!! DVD set for $105 (about $35 ea.) is the cheapest I've seen it (usually runs $40-42.50 ea.) and at that price finally differentiates itself from the $150 BD version. When it was a total of $127 there wasn't a compelling enough price difference (imho) to get it over the BD.

The only thing so far that I want is Angel Beats, everything else I already own or I'm not interested in. However, I'll need something else on T1 to get me to bite.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 24