• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: D.C.III ~Da Capo III~ Visual Novel Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Heinzendegger wrote:
So instead of loli Sakura we get a big boobed Sakura?

Blonde /= Sakura.

^This. The blonde is Ricca Morizono. To my knowledge, there are only 3 characters potentially related to the previous Da Capo series: Suginami (obviously), Kiyotaka Yoshino (protagonist), and Charles Yoshino (female cousin of protagonist). I haven't completed the game yet but the new thing is there are two school settings: Hatsunejima and London.

People should also keep in mind that Da Capo III IS NOT an eroge unlike the first two.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote
A Da Capo anime without Kotori? A terrible waste in my opinion.

Why do they even continue calling it Da Capo when there is barely anything from the original still left?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, I haven't seen any of the Da Capo franchise in like ages. Interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Aaah the old Nemu vs. Kotori flamewars, good times! I'll just stick my tongue out at you for old times sake. Razz

Megiddo wrote:

Why do they even continue calling it Da Capo when there is barely anything from the original still left?

I thought it was rather obvious

spoiler[Kids from Da Capo have kids who star in Da Capo II. Presumably, the kids in Da Capo III are the kids of the kids in Da Capo II]

Last edited by VORTIA on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Aaah the old Nemi vs. Kotori flamewars, good times! I'll just stick my tongue out at you for old times sake. Razz

When it comes to Da Capo my affections were split: for the anime I lined up as a Nemu fan, but in the game it was Moe I favored by a large margin. The way they trivialized Moe in the anime - not even making an effort to explain why she acts the way she does - was a huge disappointment for me.
Quote:
spoiler[Kids from Da Capo have kids who star in Da Capo II. Presumably, the kids in Da Capo III are the kids of the kids in Da Capo II]

Except that should be: spoiler[Kids from Da Capo have kids who have kids who star in Da Capo II. Otome and Yume are Jun'ichi's grandchildren.]
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Uhh...Da Capo was originally about the mysterious never wilting sakura tree on Hatsunejima. Pretty sure that hasn't changed *yet*
Though Nanaka definitely did not live up to being another Kotori in D.C. II.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
i liked Nanaka a whole lot better than i did Kotori. At least she knew when to give up
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:23 am Reply with quote
I know that isn't Sakura, but it's pretty much her with big boobs, and basically replaces her in the main cast. spoiler[I know Sakura still lives.]

Shiroi Hane wrote:

Because big boobs are a new development in anime, and they would never consider making anything like Kodomo no Jikan in this day and age?

Big boobs aren't anything new so that's wrong, never said it but now it's pretty much the only kind of fan-service that flies.
But yeah, they would never consider making another KnJ these days, I can tell that for sure. You are spot on about that.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:

Aaah the old Nemi vs. Kotori flamewars, good times! I'll just stick my tongue out at you for old times sake. Razz

Nemu should have choked on those damn cherry blossoms.

(me, bitter? NEVAAAA)

Quote:
Big boobs aren't anything new so that's wrong, never said it but now it's pretty much the only kind of fan-service that flies.

Boggles my mind that you would think this.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
I know that isn't Sakura, but it's pretty much her with big boobs,.....

Replaces her by......being blonde? Do we even know what Ricca's role is in the story?

Shiroi Hane wrote:

Because big boobs are a new development in anime, and they would never consider making anything like Kodomo no Jikan in this day and age?

Um, yeah, considering the last KissXSis OVA, I don't think we've seen any drastic change on that front.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote
We did though. KxS is not a TV series so they don't have to worry, and it just happened to be the lolis' episode (who is closest to him by age anyways).

Also, she replaces her not by being blonde, but by being spoiler[related to her] and looking pretty much the same, just well endowed.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
When I saw "capo", I immediately thought "mafia anime. Let's do it!"

Embarassed Mad Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2