• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to Submit Series Relations.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Netto-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:13 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
Netto-kun wrote:
anime#20121 is a sequel to anime#16937

Done—thank you. Anime smile

Quote:
anime#21120 is a prequel to anime#20657 and anime#13724

How does anime#13724 (Yo-kai Watch (TV)) relate to the manga (manga#15737)?

Netto-kun wrote:
Excuse me, you got it wrong. What I meant was:
Yo-kai Watch Shadowside: Oni-ō no Fukkatsu (movie) is a sequel to Yo-kai Watch (TV 2). You put the opposite.

The same misunderstading happened with Forever Friends.

I'm sorry. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop As I mentioned above on 2 September 2019, I'm out of practice.

Netto-kun wrote:
As for the Yo-kai Watch manga, the one by Chikako Mori (manga#15737) would be like a spinoff centering on Fumi-chan (Katie in the American adaptation). By the way, the Yo-kai Watch manga by Noriyuki Konishi manga#17140 (which is called Yo-kai Watch (manga 2)) came out in 2012, while the one by Chikako Mori came out in 2013. None of them are based in the anime, they are directly based on the games.

I've finished, including detaching the two manga from direct relationships to the anime, and I think I've gotten it right this time. Please check to make certain.

Edit: Deleted an extra "quote" tag.

Hi! Sorry, you still got it wrong.

The anime#21120 (Yo-kai Watch: Forever Friends) is actually a prequel. It's setted in the 1960s. It is not a sequel to anime#20121.

By the way, could you also fix the naming of both Yo-kai Watch manga? Like I said, manga#17140 (Yo-kai Watch (manga 2)) actually came out before manga#15737 (Yo-kai Watch (manga)). Also, the correct title of manga#15737 is 妖怪ウォッチ~わくわく☆にゃんだふるデイズ~ (Yo-kai Watch - Wakuwaku Nyanderful Days).
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:36 am Reply with quote
Would it at all be possible for an anthology entry to be created for the Fate franchise?
anime#5394

One should also have probably been made a long time ago for Pokemon.
anime#270
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:11 am Reply with quote
These need to be linked together, likely relation as a spinoff.
anime#1150
anime#6283

Need to be linked together, though I'm unsure what the relation should be listed as. On AniDB, they use "Other".
anime#94
anime#11856
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:31 am Reply with quote
I think this is where this goes?

Ace of Diamond (OAV) (anime #16605) had two more OAVs after this entry was made. The titles are "The Seido Diary" (covering the Jingu Tournament and the Winter training camp), air date 15 July 2016, and "Glory," (Jun Isashiki after the Autumn Tournament, and the third years' post high school plans), 15 Aug 2017. My only source on those dates is Wikipedia though, so...
Shinningboltsurge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:03 am Reply with quote
Regarding yugioh duel monster being a alternate retelling of yugioh 1998 is just not a good description as Both anime cohesively in terms of story serialization cover parallel fragmentations of the manga outside of the second anime compiling experts of prior story events to form its first episode along with flash backs in early episodes as in the case of the second anime’s first episode those earlier story events serve as the impetus to the intermediate serialization storyline it started on so they don’t tell the same stories the the second one just referenced the prior stories as preceding events because it has to while the 1998 anime just dwells in that earlier period of story progression that the second anime dwells in latter of
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I think this is where this goes?

Ace of Diamond (OAV) (anime #16605) had two more OAVs after this entry was made. The titles are "The Seido Diary" (covering the Jingu Tournament and the Winter training camp), air date 15 July 2016, and "Glory," (Jun Isashiki after the Autumn Tournament, and the third years' post high school plans), 15 Aug 2017. My only source on those dates is Wikipedia though, so...

Ok, maybe this wasn't where it goes. Smile Anyway, I figured out there was a place for users to add these OAVs, but I can't figure out how to include both the release date and the title. It will let me do one or the other, but gives me "Incorrect format" error if I try to do both. What is the error in this format?
Code:
4. (2016-08-17) The Seido Diary

I know it says to enter "ONE information" on each line (which I thought referred to one title's info but I guess not), but going by the first three OVA entries, date and title evidently can be done somehow.

I at least was able to put the dates in the release section. As it turns out, there seems to be some discrepancy among sources on that, so I just went with Kondansha's product page. If someone knows how to add these dates to the OVA list alongside their titles, I'd appreciate knowing how, or if it's easier, just please go do it. Smile

The correct dates are 2016-08-17 for OVA 4 and 2016-10-17 for OVA 5.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure of the specific relationship, but That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: The Ways of Monster Nation appears to be a spin-off somewhere in the novel or manga sequence.

It also looks like That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Corporate Slave should be linked as a spin-off from the novels, per this article.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:59 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
I'm not sure of the specific relationship, but That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: The Ways of Monster Nation appears to be a spin-off somewhere in the novel or manga sequence.
I've linked that to both the light novel and manga for now until I can figure out the exact relationship.

BTW, something else that goes here is manga that lack the "serialized in" at the top. I had to add that for that manga so it shows up here. If people can bring those up, it'd be much appreciated.
manga#22029
IúkaSylvie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:08 pm Reply with quote
See You Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I recently completed "The Tatami Galaxy" (TV) and then discovered their are 3 short "Specials" episodes (OAV). They are as follows:

1) "Land Submarine, to the South Pole" - 6:45 run time, Original Air Date: 8/20/2010, and AniDB Link: https://anidb.net/episode/121545

2) "Land Submarine, To the Women's Bath: The Bedroom Research Group's Pink Quest" - 6:36 run time, Original Air Date: 10/22/2010, and TVDB Link: https://thetvdb.com/series/the-tatami-galaxy/episodes/3265641

3) "Land Submarine of Love and Fishing" - 6:49 run time, Original Air Date: 11/26/2010, and AniDB Link: https://anidb.net/episode/125976

With the recent release of the sequel "Tatami Time Machine Blues" they are likely to be of greater interest again, yet I could find no reference to them on the site.
IúkaSylvie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:24 am Reply with quote
manga#5519 was serialized on manga#11655
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:00 am Reply with quote
Sora & Hara is related to Classmates in some manner per this article, as are the "O.B." and "blanc" arcs, which currently do not have entries.
IúkaSylvie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:18 am Reply with quote
IúkaSylvie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:53 pm Reply with quote
IúkaSylvie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 26