• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall 2012 anime list.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4750G

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
From a quick browse here are the shows I will check out:

Robotics;Notes - I'm a fan of conspiracy theories. Just as long as they're fun though. How I define fun's pretty iffy.
Psycho-Pass - I haven't seen a show description anywhere yet, so I'm pretty curious as to what this might contain.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - how can I miss a romcom show? I just hope it is romcom, not a weak pass for it.
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - I still don't quite get what a chuunibyou is, so I really just want to get a better understanding.
Suki-tte ii na yo. - I actually follow this manga and find it enjoyable so I'm gonna look at the anime.

Not a lot..
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote
My original thoughts from when the chart was first posted are on the first page but I think I'll go ahead and update them:

Excellent Prospects:
Still nothing.

Good Prospects:
Zetsuen no Tempest - Not much to add. Still looks solid.

Decent Prospects:
Psycho-Pass - At this point, the total lack of info about this show is getting a little concerning.

From the New World - A curious project. The premise is interesting enough. The writer has done a mountain of garbage but also apparently wrote Trust & Betrayal. The director was never actually directed before. This could go either way quite easily.

Long Shots:
Robotics;Notes - I'd like to like this show but from what I hear, this show is being billed as a more lighthearted, slice of life alternative to Steins;Gate which itself was already marred by the kind of otaku stuff that tends to be synonymous with "slice of life" these days. Add to that the thoroughly unimpressive resumes of the people involved and I just can't get my hopes up much even if it is noitaminA.

Litchi Hikari Club - No clue what this will be but it is at least odd looking enough that I'll keep an eye on it.

Code:Breaker - This is just hanging on by a thread. The more I hear about it the more it sounds like atrocious fangirl bait.

Forget it:
Magi. Ridiculous bondage slave girl destroys what hope I initially had.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote
There are a few I'm interested in checking out.

Magi - Didn't read manga, but premise sounds interesting.
Robotic;Notes - Again, premise sounds interesting. Still have to check out Chaos;Head as well.
Suki-tte Ii na yo - This is an iffy one. I'm too old for high school romances to have any real appeal unless they have a lot of depth and maturity, but I like the artwork so will give it a try.
Tonari no Kaibutsu -kun - The idea of little robots with guns makes me laugh, so have to at least try it.
Shin Sekai Yori - This one has the most promise I think based on premise.
K - Another iffy romance, but again I like the artwork so will give it a shot.
Kyousogiga - Mmmm the summary sounds so messed up I have to see it.

ikillchicken wrote:
... Steins;Gate which itself was already marred by the kind of otaku stuff that tends to be synonymous with "slice of life" these days.

Huh? The fact that you felt the series was marred at all makes me worry about the state of your eternal soul.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
My original thoughts from when the chart was first posted are on the first page but I think I'll go ahead and update them:
Forget it:
Magi. Ridiculous bondage slave girl destroys what hope I initially had.

Yeah...that really doesn't mean anything. Its just what A-1 decided to do as a key visual art. spoiler[Yes she's a slave but its not nearly as much as the key VA suggests.]
RHachicho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
Hmm looks more promising than I have seen in quite a while. Looking forward to it Smile Fed up of re watching the classics because there's not much new that's any good.
Veers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Why did the Magi art change to a chained-up girl in tattered clothes and a revealing pose? :(
Masakaki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Veers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
Yes, it is.
opn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Veers wrote:
Why did the Magi art change to a chained-up girl in tattered clothes and a revealing pose? Sad

I have no clue. I guess aniplex just did the chains for symbolism purposes since spoiler[she is a slave. she's a slave in the one thousand and one nights too i think.]
Veers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
"Symbolism" hahahaha.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Riddley wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
... Steins;Gate which itself was already marred by the kind of otaku stuff that tends to be synonymous with "slice of life" these days.

Huh? The fact that you felt the series was marred at all makes me worry about the state of your eternal soul.

Uh...yeah. For whatever Steins;Gate did well (and it did do some things quite well) it also had some pretty glaring problems.

opn wrote:
I have no clue. I guess aniplex just did the chains for symbolism purposes

Yup. That's gotta be it. Symbolism.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
opn wrote:

Well, the story behind 1001 Nights is that the guy plans to screw her and executemurder(let's be blunt) her in the morning, so they've actually got half an excuse there. Presumably the other half is that her looks send him on dates with Miss Palms, making him lose interest for the night.
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Let's see here... Girls with guns, girls with tanks, girls with robots, girls in chains, girls fighting demons, girls who are actually your sisters, underaged girls from visual novels, girls who are artists, girls who aspire to be artists, girls in harems, girls with highschool crushes etc.

So, that new Jojo looks quite interesting huh?
Riddley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Uh...yeah. For whatever Steins;Gate did well (and it did do some things quite well) it also had some pretty glaring problems.

Oh? Do tell. And I hope it's not the same old tired arguments about the time paradox inconsistencies.
opn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Riddley wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

opn wrote:

Again: i dont know why a-1/aniplex chose that pic that was just a half ass guess.
@Pixelationist Yep because judging the whole show by a single god damn pic is totally right. Wait what?
@veers again it was just a half ass excuse its just what aniplex decided to do as a key VA. If you wanna call the show crap just because of one pic that doesn't even represent the show then be my guest Rolling Eyes .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4