• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Fraulein Revoltech Yoko

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote
Yoko actually might be worth a buy.
danielmer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:02 am Reply with quote
I have that same figure and see is really nice.

i saw her pictures of her at this blog, and i had to have her after seeing those pictures.
kaizen-dono

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Revoltechs are about 4-inches tall, while Yoko is a touch over 4 ½-inches

I assume this is a typo as revoltechs are generally 5 inches and my Yoko is a little over 5½.

She is a pretty nice figure, definitely superior to the MMS, dont get me wrong I like the MMS body for shinki's and stuff but it doesnt have the right proportions for Yoko at all.

btw Kaiyodo are putting out another "Movie version" Fraulein Yoko in march (IIRC) which may or may not be a 4000 yen magazine exclusive (ouch) if this is the case then Im out, the price is a little too much for what is essentially the same figure with a new hairdo and boob job...

She does look nice though, the face is a big improvement.
I like the first release very much but people might want to wait for this one so long as its not an exclusive.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:34 am Reply with quote
I picked this up awhile ago, and I have to say it's a pretty nice figure overall. Extremely disappointed with the flimsy excuse for a shoulder strap, though. After barely managing to get it on in the first place, it ended up breaking just a day or two later without having even been touched. The base holder doesn't, well, hold her either, failing to secure around her waist or any other location.

She's pretty much relegated to laying, sitting, or kneeling, which is pretty crappy. Overall, I've had a much better experience with Figma over Fraulein. =\
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
suna_suna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:35 am Reply with quote
that last picture made my day
poisondusk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:47 am Reply with quote
kaizen-dono wrote:
btw Kaiyodo are putting out another "Movie version" Fraulein Yoko in march (IIRC) which may or may not be a 4000 yen magazine exclusive (ouch) if this is the case then Im out, the price is a little too much for what is essentially the same figure with a new hairdo and boob job...

There are two new versions - a regular one at ¥2500 and a special version at ¥4000 - the only difference is that the special one comes with Boota and the regular version doesn't (which is not really worth the extra money in my opinion).

She's almost certainly worth waiting for if anyone wants a Fraulein Yoko - aside from the change in outfit/larger chest, extra hairstyle option and different facial expressions, she has a few new weapons as well. More pictures of her here

Emerje wrote:
I have one and it does, but the figure is lanky and full of peg holes on the back - that aren't shown in pics - in order to make it compatible with MMS armor for whatever reason. Not a good trade off. Rolling Eyes

Maybe if someone wanted to put Shinki parts on her for some reason..? I guess they were just lazy and used the standard MMS body without altering it to be more suited to Yoko. The first thing I thought when I saw pictures of the MMS was that her hips looked really strange - it suits the Shinkis fine, but it isn't right on Yoko.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote
I knew it was only a matter of time 'til a Yoko figure showed up Razz

The Fraulein doesn't really excite me, but I'm tempted to pick up that movie version figure when it becomes available (sans Boota, no way am I paying an extra $15 for him). Looks like a quality piece, especially with the new guns and hair. But for now, I'm sticking to the PVCs.

Oh yeah, and great pictures again. But Yoko is obviously luring Krauser into a trap in that last one. Obviously.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
poisondusk wrote:
Maybe if someone wanted to put Shinki parts on her for some reason..? I guess they were just lazy and used the standard MMS body without altering it to be more suited to Yoko. The first thing I thought when I saw pictures of the MMS was that her hips looked really strange - it suits the Shinkis fine, but it isn't right on Yoko.

What would have been nice is some plugs to fill in the holes. In the end you end up with a lot of extra MMS parts (limb spacers, bear feet, bear hands, etc.) you end up paying for but will never use. Well, I'm sure someone enjoyed putting rabbit armor on her. *shrugs*

And I'm a sucker enough to buy the Yoko variant if I can find one. I've got an Enkidudu shipping next month.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nightmaresag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote
kaizen-dono wrote:

She does look nice though, the face is a big improvement.
I like the first release very much but people might want to wait for this one so long as its not an exclusive.

I like this version more than the first release with that untied hair and improved smiling face........

Anyway, great column as always, and very entertaining..... Keep it up!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2