• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Penguin Dreams

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
I have to ask, does ANYONE care about "Generic Animu Fighter 421" from Sega when STREET FUCKIN' FIGHTER IV is out this week?

Given that I hate Street Fighter...yes. Very Happy

Also, Prinny...meh. I love NIS, but $40 for a 10 level game is not my cup of tea. My DS is getting plenty of love this week with Ys, Fire Emblem, and more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Geez, so full of love like always... Laughing

I don't know how you can't at least respect SF, since the whole fighting game genre owes a lot to it...but to each their own.

And I think it's worth a shot to plead to the powers that be for that gaming forum...

Oh, great and omnipotent Zac, thou truly art a being of divine power and one who is great of spirit. Wouldst thou be so merciful as to gift to thine subordinates a place for the discussion of electronic visual entertainment? Our souls would be forever in thine debt for such an act.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I never said I didn't respect Street Fighter, no sir. It definitely paved the way for plenty a fighter mechanic down the road. And, I certainly preferred it to the inferior Mortal Kombat.

However, Street Fighter IV to me seems just like yet-another-Street Fighter 2 rehash, as evidenced by nothing to do with SF3, a plot in the middle of 2 and 3, and so on.

Guilty Gear, another fighter I've enjoyed immensely, is trying my patience for the same reason. I'm not going to stick around to play what boils down to the same game over and over again. It doesn't help there's maybe..two SF characters I actually enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Hey it's better than DOA right? Very Happy

My dad loves street fighter so I kind of grew up on it. I even saw all the crappy anime but in some respects I prefer Mortal Kombat even though overall SF has a more fun feel to it.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Oh, great and omnipotent Zac, thou truly art a being of divine power and one who is great of spirit. Wouldst thou be so merciful as to gift to thine subordinates a place for the discussion of electronic visual entertainment? Our souls would be forever in thine debt for such an act.

But we already have an Anime forum... Confused
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:44 am Reply with quote
Once again, video games got declared a form of free speech in court. Funny that Mr. "Blow up and maim people in movies" Schwarzenegger is concerned about how the influence games with violent content have on youth. Rolling Eyes
sfried

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
I wonder if I'm really missing anything by not having a DS.
A lot of good RPGs, and Contra 4 (plus some really great quirky titles).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3