• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mass Effect: Paragon Lost Premiere Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I finished playing through Mass Effect 1 just a few weeks ago, and I was surprised at how much I really like the game. It had an intriguing/compelling story, and I really liked the characters and the overall galactic sci-fi feel, which was surprising, as I was expecting the characters to be flat and annoying, and since I've never been a big fan of the science fiction genre. I'm excited to play the other entries in the series, which is rare for me when it comes to Western shooter games.

As for this film, I have reservations about it, since I was never a big fan of the Animatrix, and I didn't particularly like Halo Legends either. We'll see.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quote
Prediction: Whatever conflict this movie presents will be solved by three identical different coloured explosions.
silentjay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Doesn't sound like the same VA from the game though, was it really too much to get the same actor(s)?

The guy narrating the trailer isn't Vega.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
Eww, that voice.. Japanese version please?

Also, what's up with calling a group of soldiers 'you ladies' as some kind of insult when some of them are women? Stupid sexist ..

Ah forget it.

I take it that you never play the game right? You do know Mass Effect is a western made game not a JRPG right.

Anyway, this is somewhat decent, better then the Dragon Age one. But still, I'm a bit skeptic on how this will turn out.

Kurohei wrote:
I'm seriously not understanding why this is getting so much hate. I was disappointed that Vega was the lead character, but It still looks fine to me. And why are people wanting a Japanese track? This a Bio Ware game.

I guess people are skeptics, yeah I don't understand why would anyone wanted Japanese voice for the movie, although I would love EA to maybe re-release the PS3 version of ME2 and ME3 with Japanese dub in Japan (anyone OK with Megumi Hayashibara voicing Femshep, and Norio Wakamoto as Harbinger).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2