• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucky Star 6 LE Cancellation Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Wah, sorry LE fans. That has to hurt. I'm one of those Boxset people anyways but wow that sucks. Baby Konata is sad.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote
e-imi wrote:

The next time I buy a Bandai series probably will be very far off.

Wow.
I admit I like certain licensees over others, but the bottom line is the title. If a company lower on my preference list licenses a title I want, I'm going to buy it. The biggest dif might be singles (very rare now) or half-sets (Funi) or wait to see if there will be a full box set in 2 yrs.

And having had the rug pulled out on me often enough, I'd just be happy to get the full series somehow short of having to do a box set after buying most of it. I've been getting the LE (or SE?) on Geass for the cds, but if I had to size down to the regulars, hey, at least I get the full set. I used the last box to stash the manga in anyway since I have the cool artbox from the first set. When Geneon went up in the air, I was happy to just get the rest of Shonen Onmyoji, KKM, & Saiunkoku, although I am hopeful they'll give us the OVA's/next seasons, etc.
shezni

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh geez, my heart goes out to all you LE buyers out there. I'm more of a box set type of gal, so I'm not affected by this news, but many sympathies to those who are.
bleuster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
This was the first series I was buying all the LE's for. Looks like I'm going to reverse to my boxset only/ wait until they're all out strategy. So far that's taken me out of all the companies singles. They won't see my money until they finish their releases.

Then when no one buys them they won't release them at all

Well, apparently, we weren't buying enough in the first place.
I'm going to side with britannicamoore. I'm out of the singles run.
I'm not upset about this. Bandai has a valid reason to press on with the decision, but there doesn't seem to be a point in getting singles much at all. In this case, getting the fans all hyped for all of this, then so close to the end just knock it down ...I may as well just have waited.
It doesn't give me hope when one of my favorite series doesn't "sell".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
This was the first series I was buying all the LE's for. Looks like I'm going to reverse to my boxset only/ wait until they're all out strategy. So far that's taken me out of all the companies singles. They won't see my money until they finish their releases.

Then when no one buys them they won't release them at all

Well, apparently, we weren't buying enough in the first place.
I'm going to side with britannicamoore. I'm out of the singles run.
I'm not upset about this. Bandai has a valid reason to press on with the decision, but there doesn't seem to be a point in getting singles much at all. In this case, getting the fans all hyped for all of this, then so close to the end just knock it down ...I may as well just have waited.
It doesn't give me hope when one of my favorite series doesn't "sell".

It's not that the "series" didn't sell, it's that the LE sets didn't sell as well as they'd hoped, to justify licensing and releasing all the extras for the last volume. Though I really do have to say, cancelling at the last volume is really, really not cool. And though many of us will probably never wear the shirts in public, they are still a collectible item for us, and so getting shafted on one is no different than getting shafted on the last volume of the series. Oh well, at least my artbox will be filled.
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't like Lucky Star.
hey should have just put the extras on the boxset.
sdhd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quote
This sucks for those who were collecting Lucky Star LE.

Last edited by sdhd on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:55 am; edited 3 times in total
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
mother fuckers i what that last shirt
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
This is again why I only ever buy complete boxsets, then again, it also helps that I usually buy OVAs and movies so it's complete in one set from the start. Good thing the market is gravitating toward that.
Axe-336

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I'm not surprised. I bought the first LE box because it had a CD with the theme song on it, but beyond that I always found the t-shirts a little too weird for a 24 year old guy to be owning. If those t-shirts weren't in their I probably would have bought more of them.
Alien1375

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I actually worn some of the T-shirts... Only on animecons though...Embarassed

It's not a disaster that the last LE won't come out but I'm wondering... Does it really cost that much to release just one more LE DVD? Rolling Eyes
LunarianWarrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
T _ T Awww. I really wanted it too. Now vol. 6 is going to look really wierd with the other volumes. And my little sister loves those shirts and I wanted to give her the last one for her b-day. T _ T
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow...I haven't been buying the LEs, but that's a really dick move on Bandai's part. The last volume in the series and they couldn't just suck it up? I know the economy is bad and all, but I find it hard to believe they couldn't guess after, say, 2, or even 3 volumes in that these LEs wouldn't perform.

I love Bandai, but there's really no excuse for this other than "Yeah, we messed up, whoops."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, fans could always suggest that Bandai put the crayon cover a high res printabke version on their website, or give it out at conventions as a dvd-cover sized poster. That way LE fans could have a consistent cover. Given it's just a CD or something with it, and the last volume's still getting released, I think fans made out okay.

Bandai's still doing an LE for Gundam OO, so I imagine they'll continue doing them for series where it seems like it'd be profitable.
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's kind of surprising...and disappointing. I guess even Bandai is feeling the pinch these days.

That sucks for me and the 10 other people that had bought the previous LE's. Razz

Am I the only one thinking that maybe they should have put some of the money they spent in releasing 3 separate versions of Haruhi into that final LE for Lucky Star?

The good news is that they still plan on releasing a regular edition DVD to finish the series, unlike some companies... *cough, cough* ADV *cough, cough*

Okay, end on a happy note. Yay, volume 6.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9