• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJcream

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote
Long time fan of the Yakuza series and it's great to see Sony and Sega re-release the first two game since they were went underneath a lot of people's radars when they first came out.

If the game gets ported to America, I hope Sega includes an option for the English dub for the first game. Mark Hamill as Majima was amazingly cool.
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:15 am Reply with quote
I hope this comes out here too. Of course, by then, the copy of the original Yakuza I ordered will be shipped from Hastings... Laughing
Alunimus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
I watched how all these HD editions were released and was curious when Sega'll have their earlier Yakuza games released in HD. And finally! I hope that they'll release it in Europe or USA. But knowing that some of the series' games were published only in Japan (spin-off about samurais and another spin-off about young gangster on PSP), I'd say that chances are quite slim. But who knows?
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
What I love about this collection is that not only are two truly immense games fully updated for HD and have reduced loading screen interruptions, but Sega are actually adding in gameplay features from Yakuza 3 to make the games easier for latecomers to the franchise (eg. Yakuza 3's inventory system is now used in both games).

Great idea.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
I hope SEGA has plan to bring this game to N.A and Europe. This would be a nice opportunity for people to tried the first 2 games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1