• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Dragon's 1st Episode Posted on iTunes for Free

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMNT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
It tells the story of Shu, a boy who protects his village from an ancient enemy by invoking the Blue Dragon from his own shadow.

Silly child. Should there be no convenient light sources, he won't have a shadow. No dragons for him.

What if he constantly carries a flashlight? Problem solved.

Not necessary. When they want to summon their shadow, they just go Dragonball Z style and create their own light. Too bad, it would've probably made the show more interesting if that was actually a factor.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quote
Son-kun wrote:
I'd like to see an uncut release myself via box sets like what they do with Naruto. I do think their decision to sell and market it as a kid's show isn't wrong and editing understandable, but I still can't figure out why they decided to change the music. It's like Dragon Ball Z all over again. But hey, I suppose there are kids that like that stuff. I originally liked all the panty and risque humor that was taken out of the TV version. It seemed definitely along the line of Toriyama-style humor

Well if they is an uncut version,it's better off if funi does it instead.

Sure the edited versions are ok,however when it comes to his work,it's better off is funi does the dubbing since they did DBZ well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

Sure the edited versions are ok,however when it comes to his work,it's better off is funi does the dubbing since they did DBZ well.

Waahhh...?
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Waahhh...?

what do you mean? Sure the current dubs are ok,but for the uncut version funi should get the license the redo the VA. It worked pretty well with one piece didn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2