• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Nisemonogatari Episodes 1-11 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, the infamous toothbrush scene, Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
Great review Carl.

I found it kind of hard to read because it uses "complicated" words, but I really appreciate that he think that we will be able to comprehend it. I dare to say that the review was as complex and as strange as Nisemonogatari (in the most positive way). I like this review a lot; it is spot on and captures the essence of this series.

I absolutely agree with the comment on fan service. Nisemonogatari is very erotic but artistic. I have always admired how Koyomi manages to stay faithful to Senjougahara with so many temptations around. Not many shows are able to make a panty shot look artistic.

I liked Nisemonogatari. It manages to capture the magic of its predecessor (although, I think Bakemonogatari is superior). The only complaint I have with Nisemonogatari is the toothbrush scene. In my opinion, this incident debilitated Koyomi's image as a somewhat pervert character but with honorability. [Sorry if this does not make much sense]

Again, great and well-written review.
aereus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
Story: B+

>Citation needed.
teknomantik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I have always admired how Koyomi manages to stay faithful to Senjougahara with so many temptations around.

Death threats have a way of strengthening one's focus.

It's a shame, really -- the first time I watched episode 3, and maybe just owing to my own biases, it almost seemed to me like she was permitting him to fool around a little ("I may not seem it, but I'm quite tolerant regarding adultery"), but "if any of it ever gets the slightest bit serious, I'll kill you" -- well, that's some serious jealousy there anyway, even if "serious" is open to interpretation
scineram

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
teknomantik wrote:
well, that's some serious jealousy there anyway, even if "serious" is open to interpretation

Who would want to take chances with her, when she is already in the bag?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3