• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TV Tokyo to Establish New Anime Department

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DomFortress

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
So at least in the short term TV Tokyo will still be entirely dependent on outside broadcasters like Crunchyroll or hulu or even real TV stations like cartoon network to sell advertising on their shows.
You have a point there, and I agree. Therefore my initial assumption that TV Tokyo might host their own international broadcasting platform was completely off-based.

And this could also solve the earlier questions I raised regarding international appeals, orientations, and localizations on anime. By focusing the production effort on producing anime that will be appealing toward the audiences on those preexisting platforms, the anime industry will have a better understanding about their targeted audiences.
Mohawk52 wrote:
The studio have already had propositions from US and other foreign media companies with offers of investment for content, but the Japanese studios just don't how to accept it and didn't feel compitent enough to even try and so usually declined, not taking into concideration that they are sitting on a treasure chest of gold in their dusty back catalogue and achives.
True, they did somehow stumbled upon Cowboy Bebop 10 years ago. And that was because they wanted to do something different way back then.
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quote
This is good news that TV Tokyo is doing this.
calimike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Did you know that UTB Hollywood to launch new LA18 (KSCI 18) digital channel 18.2 and 18.2 NHK World over the air in Los Angeles, San Diego and SoCal last week (Feb 17th)? It is only test broadcasting until March 30. It will be become official broadcasting start on April 1 with real schedule including anime.

I hope Naruto Shippuden could be end up on 18.2 someday.

UTB English version
18.2 Schedule English version
UTB Japanese version
18.2 Schedule Japanese version
JiB TV
NHK World
CJK Dramas
LA18
LA18 DTV

Last edited by calimike on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
calimike wrote:
Did you know that UTB Hollywood to launch new LA18 (KSCI 18) digital channel 18.2 and 18.2 NHK World over the air in Los Angeles, San Diego and SoCal last week (Feb 17th)? It is only test broadcasting until March 30. It will be become official broadcasting start on April 1 with real schedule including anime.
It's also here in the UK on Sky channel 516. At the moment it's just showing news and current affairs programming as a repeat loop Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote
calimike wrote:

I have it my area, unfortunately at my house we only get it in English. And we want Japanese more than English. My mom can only think that those who have cable are able to get it in Japanese. Is anybody else getting it in English only?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2