• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funi Adds Seikishi, Yamato: R, One Piece: Strong World, Fairy Tail Film, Akira

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
yFSC wrote:
LagannImpact wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
I think the Tenchi Muyo is valid, because generally speaking Tenchi Muyo! refers to the ova continuum, distinguishing it from the universe and tokyo continuums.

I haven't gotten around to learning Japanese yet, so maybe I was hasty in saying real title, but at least its what the show has been known by in the English speaking community since it came out.

^if you are a fan of the original you will catch refs here and there, and Kenshi may or may not be able to use a certain technique that Tenchi and Yosho can Wink ; I will say its more fantasy then gxp or the main ova series, but I think it does at least as well as gxp in keeping the charm of the main series even without Tenchi; besides this series doing well may eventually lead to the legendary 4th ova series down the road.

So this Tenchi Muyo OVA doesn't even contain Tenchi Muyo? I'm surprised no one has brought up the possibility of this carrying Toonami through Winter 2012/2013 once both Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins finish their runs. Has to be both, since the 45-minute runtime is clunky. So what if it doesn't actually contain Tenchi? It would be a nostalgia title and something new all rolled into one!

I highly doubt Toonami will run this, because of the massive amount of fanservice (especially because of the whole entire massage storyline a couple of episodes in.)

It's too bad, because Isekai is a great show.

If Lupin III: Woman Called Fujiko Mine can make it, then Tenchi Muyo! WoG can make it as well. They seem to be less sourpusses about fanservice lately (they did just recently show Shiro in a skin-tight body suit in Deadman Wonderland) and might be even less so next year.

Turns out I was right about the Aquarion Evol approach--just wrong series and wrong time! Eureka 7 is back on Toonami (and has done the almost-unthinkable: REPLACED Cowboy Bebop) which many like myself are predicting will later make Astral Ocean a shoo-in. But I wouldn't say taking the same approach for Aquarion is off the table either, as it can't be a very expensive series to acquire.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
Akira to include both English dubs! Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/FUNimation/posts/10151597845783481?comment_id=27503011&offset=0&total_comments=82

FUNimation wrote:
this release will contain both the Streamline and Pioneer dubs as well as the original Japanese language track with subtitles. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13