• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Anime's New Promo Streamed for October Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I am sorry if I happen to offend anyone here, but IMO the art was kind of letdown. The animation is smooth, but somehow I felt no depth, it was just flat.

But overall I am pretty happy, they did a good job especially for the first time in ANN forum discussing LB, there's almost no whining.

And, one thing.... in the first trailer, a lot of people were complaining about the art quality, and then the staffs said... "The trailer doesn't represent the animation quality because the trailer was made by Visual Arts, so the animation quality was low"
And then, I think I saw some of the footage from the old trailer in the new trailer. Really? I felt like I've been double-crossed.

And, why Yui Horie...? I really hope that Riki would be voiced by a guy (My choice was Tsubasa Yonaga because his voice is kinda feminine-cute just like Riki in personality). And I don't recall having her voicing male before, I was kinda worried but since the staffs entrusted this role to her, I have the faith.
(Personally now I can't stop thinking about Riki saying Uguu~)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
EmperorBrandon: Are you suggesting that Warner Brothers Japan was the entity who selected Yoshiki Yamakawa as director?

I'm suggesting we don't know, unless you have a source to prove that a particular company or person selected him. Warner's producer for Little Busters, Kawase Kouhei, did work as producer on Hatsukoi Limited (which also had Yamakawa directing and J.C. Staff doing animation production), so sounds about right to me that he would use a team he's familiar with. He also was a producer for the entire Shana and Index franchises, both of which had J.C. Staff as animation production studio.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Kawase Kouhei, did work as producer on Hatsukoi Limited (which also had Yamakawa directing and J.C. Staff doing animation production)

Aha! So it is the Hatsukoi team! So, what are people's thoughts on that show? It seems to have a decent rating on ANN's Encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Kawase Kouhei, did work as producer on Hatsukoi Limited (which also had Yamakawa directing and J.C. Staff doing animation production)

Aha! So it is the Hatsukoi team! So, what are people's thoughts on that show? It seems to have a decent rating on ANN's Encyclopedia.

Sadly incomplete, but in terms of "shonen romance anime" (as opposed to LN or VN adaptions) it was surprisingly good.

The best girl never got an arc though Anime cry
anigu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:44 am Reply with quote
The art is actually better than I expected. Maybe we can see more hope in this.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:30 am Reply with quote
Not as pretty as Kyoani's adaptations but still looks pretty nice. Let's hope they do it justice.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quote
Wuhu! More interesting anime this October!! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4