• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Streams Code Geass to Canada

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Does anyone find that watermark incredibly distracting and intrusive? Same goes for the subs which for some reason are surrounded by a black block instead of it being transparent.

Well canadian viewers should be glad the're getting it free and most importantly,leagly. Isn't that a good thing???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Might I note that much like Bandai Entertainment, Funimation does not licence its shows outside R1, instead sublicensing them to other companies.
Funimation however does stream its shows to countries outside R1, regardless of their availability within such areas. This suggests that an R1 company does not necessarily have to region lock.

It's not necessary, so long as they could afford it in the contract. The Japanese aren't gonna give it away for free. Laughing
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quote
Well that's cool, I'll just keep taking it for free if that's what's going down.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:04 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Well that's cool, I'll just keep taking it for free if that's what's going down.

It's "free" either way! Laughing
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

Holy hell...do you take some perverse pleasure in parroting yourself here, there, and everywhere? If you're going to keep downloading, then do it, and don't tell us at every feasible opportunity. It's as though you take more satisfaction from being contrary than from actually watching anime.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quote
who's the brilliant person from Bandai who suggested they use all japanese script adverts on the NA streams?

seems they aren't going to try and get local advertising dollars which seems to miss the entire point of streaming in R1.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2