• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TV Show Profiles Missing Girl Heading to Anime Cons

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleuster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
On the other hand, MSNBC did this little gem....
I still think there is a lot of truth to that article, but maybe that's just me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:48 am Reply with quote
alexcampos wrote:
Yet another black eye to anime, and anime fans. Unfortunatly, anime fans are already black listed by conservative Americans, who are to hypocritical, not to mention ethnocentristic to the idea of a lot of anime, and manga. And now to add fuel to all the anime haters out there this story comes along.

Funny, and here I thought I was a conservative American who also happened to be an anime fan. Or maybe I've managed to get my own personality entirely wrong...
BizzareJellySoul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quote
Why on earth are you guys blabbering about public relations?

Yes, I can understand that things haven't been looking so bright for the Anime Fan track record. We've still got Man-Fayes walking around like total d ouches, the US Media's trying to give us a lot of s hit so that they can try to get more money up their bungholes, Republicans are trying to blame Manga, Anime and Japanese media so they can use that as an excuse to turn Japan into a Warhead testing site and enslave the Japanese people, and s hit head anime haters are rallying under them and this spotty reputation so that they can get cars made of platnium and is eternally powered by blow jobs by Britney Spears and Carmen Elektra.

Don't get me wrong, I know that they are labeling us as, mentally retarded, baby rap ing, good for nothing, drug abusing weirdos.

But YOU a-ss clowns need to toughen up. So, if they're going to one day condemn anime and manga and then possibly try to ban it (and I know they wouldn't, because I know that taking away the 1st amendment would also mean blocking off their KKK Newsletters and Stupid frat a-ss and Skanque-y B-itch Monthly), we all need to gather up arms, band together, and try to peacefully show that we are like them. If that and all else fails, I'm sure that there's a creative scientist Anime fan out there that will truly invent a spray paint can that can also paint advanced images with nanomachines. Then, we'll all go Jet Set Radio on those jerka-sses with us really pissing them off and getting away with it.

And you know what I say about this? F-uck them. F-uck all of them. And if they're going to give me s-hit about liking anime, video games, Japanese entertainment and THE GREATEST FWUCKEN ROCK BAND, IN FWUCKEN HISTORY, GWAR, I'm really going to get a dumptruck full of dirt and then some. An eye for an eye may turn a world blind, but that's if you're a dumb a ss. You take eyes that need (keyword, need) to be forcefully taken out, and then run like he-ll.

PS, Anime haters are a bunch of stupid fan girls and boys of other interests, feeling insecure/ stuck up/ a-ss headed so that they can try to impress their friends. I'm currently laughing at them, because all they just are, are a bunch of dumbs-hit limp d-ick trendsters who are a bunch of tools of what's going to be popular and what's going to be dark and rebellious, ie s hitty Metallica. Goth q-ueers, fratf-ags, stupid hollywood b-itch prostitutes and fickle Corporate billboards. I'm currently laughing because they're all a bunch of freaks that got lost from the High School A-ss-Clown Circus.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote
BizzareJellySoul wrote:
big words

You are pretty brave for saying what you think the way you did. If I were a couple of years younger I would have said the same thing. I can carry on the same thought process, but it's still a good idea to remain civil about the issue. Simply telling "them" to f-off really does not account for much, and can only get you into trouble.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3