• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final List of Best Buy Stores with Anime Sales Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DomFortress

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Duke Evangelion wrote:
You Americans are lucky.

Here in Canada they are just closing Anime section in some of Best Buy stores and shipping Anime to the stores where the sale is going well.

They won't even give any discount on it. Mad
It's the same here at Richmond, BC. I went to my local Best Buy after work, and turns out they don't even follow the same policy down in US. However, their PS2 games are having an in-store buy 2 get 1 free sale. So I can have all the Hanna Montanna, High School Musical, and what-have-you if I was ever remotely that desperate. Evil or Very Mad
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I think i'll check this out tomorrow. I saw that someone got a Shakugan no Shana boxset. I never really considered buying that and I don't even like S1 that much when compared to S2, but if its like $25 or less, i'll probably pick it up.

I'm really hoping that I can grab the FMA - Season 2 part 1 and some other stuff that I never really thought about buying, but did enjoy somewhat.
mewtwo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that Topeka's not on there, but it looks like I'll be taking a drive or two down to Lawrence in the near future.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
So many PA stores, none within realistic driving distance.
Probably a good thing, as I don't really have a lot of money right now, and some bills are rearing their head becoming due.

...and really, while the 50% is nice... most of what I get online is ~40% off. Which is less... but not so much less that I'm going to ignore bills for.

Central PA is kind of vague but if you live near enough to York or Harrisburgh then I guess you're still out of luck. Surprisingly those stores are unaffected (which is a real shocker since the York one has only been open a little over a year and never knew York county to be loaded with otaku). I on the other hand will be heading over to waterfront to see if they might have some case closed box sets.
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Best Buy gift cards + Best Buy coupons + Inner Harbor store = I'm all over this stuff on my day off Friday.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
thats great my local best buy isnt on the list... but still it does feel like the anime selection at my local best buy is becoming smaller... I mean I wasent able to find Lucky Star Vol 5 regular or LE or Set 2 and Set 3 Of Gurren Lagann, the same thing for Code Geass and Tweeny Witches The Adventures... I'm having a tough time trying to finish all finding all these DVDs Crying or Very sad Confused
DCRavenX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
1029 Cortland NY

As a person born and raised in Cortland, NY, I would have been overjoyed were this true and I did not have to drive to Ithaca or Syracuse (when I lived there) to go to a Best Buy.

Unfortunately this store is in Cortlandt, NY which is different by a letter and nearly 200 miles

For a second there I was wondering if I could have missed something ... or lost my mind.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
This might be bad news for those who buy their anime at B&M stores, but for people like me who just shop online this sale is a godsend. Just got back from my second spree...

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Special Edition, Code Geass Part 2, Black Cat Complete Series, Suzuka Complete Series, Ghost Hunt Part 1, and Naruto Uncut Boxes 9-12, barely $150. Just delicious~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
GeneralArrow wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Good thing I have some free time soon. Hopefully, the selection won't be too limited, just like when a Sun Coast closed down in one of our malls here.

Too bad the Lucky Star Ova isn't in dvd format or the new EVa movie, that would have been a great chance for a sale. I have a feeling the hard core fans already knew about this sale even before the orginal news post though.

Is eva 01 just in blue ray 8O dam now I really need to upgrade my pc.

Sorry, I meant Evagellion 1.0. I think that comes out in eight months. To my knowledge, I didn't know neon genesis evangelion (the series) was in Blue Ray. As for Lucky Star OVA, I am guessing that comes out in April, but I am not sure.

I am glad my local Best Buy isn't getting rid of anime, because if so, I'd have to oder online. Which would mean overpriced shipping sometimes.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quote
The store I usually go to (the Kenosha WI one) is on the list, and today I went there for the sale. I left with the Full Metal Panic! Heavy Metal Collection, FullMetal Alchemist Complete First Season, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time for myself, and then DBZ Season Three for my brother. I hope that around the 10th my store will get the Complete Second Season of FMA (it's a hope, since they did get the first one and it is a popular title) and I may possibly get another series...if I can get it past my mom. Anime hyper
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I knew anime had an urban following in Cali, but I didn't know it did well in Compton. I thought it was still a geek thing in general.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Looks like my Vauxhall, NJ location is doing a sale. Gonna check it out tomorrow.
EdoRocksMySocks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote
I didn't bother checking the official list because I knew my town was too small and not enough anime fans (Owensboro, KY). So I went and checked out the sale...

Code Geass - Part 2 LE
Jyu-Oh-Sei - Complete Collection
Black Blood Brothers - Complete Collection
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronical - Volume 11

All for less than $80.00 ;D

I'll probably go again since I just got paid today. I want to see if they have Shakugan no Shana and I need to pick up the Baccano! Starter Box.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
I'm so happy mine isn't on that list. But what I mainly want is DNAngel and FMA., so I guess I'm still okay.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
Aresef wrote:
Best Buy gift cards + Best Buy coupons + Inner Harbor store = I'm all over this stuff on my day off Friday.

Might have to do that myself as that store is the closest to me that has the sale. Most in MD I saw were in the DC/B-more area. No Annapolis. Though on one hand I suppose that's good as it means my store will continue to carry plenty. Of course since I buy most online anymore that's not that big of a win for me personally. Oh well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7