• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Deadline: Sleeper Cell Creators to Write Live-Action Noir Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhosAsking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't have the Starz line of networks, but given its plot of assassins, intertwined mysteries, and international intrigue, Noir at least has the potential to work out in live action. Beyond that is probably anyone's guess, though, so we'll just have to wait and see what develops.
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I heard a rumor that they were going to make one of the main characters male. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? If it's true, well, I'm not watching it.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
I heard a rumor that they were going to make one of the main characters male. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? If it's true, well, I'm not watching it.
That's news to me. I wouldn't put too much stock in that.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
The turnover in the creative staff is what really makes me pessimistic about the prospects for this project. Changes from the original, even dramatic ones, I'm content to wait until I can judge on their own merits, but a troubled production is a more foreboding sign. I want to see this be made, out of curiosity if naught else, but I can't really say as that I looking forward to it.

Red Fox of Fire wrote:

I hadn't heard anything like that. I think it'd be an awful silly thing to do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:

Considering that Noir was effectively a lesbian love story, that would be rather profoundly missing the point.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
That's good news. It seems like someone from Starz is pushing it despite the setbacks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
If no one else has heard anything like that, then I guess there's nothing to worry about.

Although I don't remember Noir being a lesbian love story...(not that I'd have any problem with that)
mrdarkrai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
yes one of the main characters is male

he's added, not replacing anyone. He has a drug addict girl friend last i checked. http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/61926060.html

rewatch noir, they slept together yo
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
When "main characters of Noir" no longer means "Mireille, Kirika, Chloe and Altena" then its no longer Noir
mrdarkrai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I agree, Noir is one of those series where spoiler[every male character dies]. Changing that might not be so bad, but any that spoiler[live too long] will distract us from our ladies. Its their series.
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Mireille is also given a fiancé, John Lancaster, an American and a Korean War veteran.

I guess it's not as bad as making Mireille or Kirika male, but...I hope he doesn't get a big role. Although there was never much to support it, I did like shipping the two, and a fiancé ruins that.

But of course they had to add an American in. I don't like when people stereotype or insult America and Americans considering I am one, but damn it, sometimes the people in my country really do piss me off.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Although there was never much to support it

You mean other than the entire point of the story?

Spoilers!

spoiler[the entire point of Noir comes down to Mireille's love for Kirika overcoming her desire for revenge. Its just dressed up in a lot of meaningless symbolisms and distractions]
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Sleeper Cell was an awesome miniseries. If those guys are writing it, then my confidence is somewhat restored.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:

I guess it's not as bad as making Mireille or Kirika male, but...I hope he doesn't get a big role. Although there was never much to support it, I did like shipping the two, and a fiancé ruins that.

Didn't ruin Xena. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1