• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kadokawa to Stream Haruhi TV Anime on YouTube in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teekay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
Whatever's "popular" will NEVER be "good."

"Good" and "popular" are indirectly proportional.

Wait... so you're saying that the more popular something is, the worse it will be? Hmm. Let's test that theory by looking at ANN's top 10 Most Viewed list. Granted, it's not a perfect representation of the tastes of anime fandom, but I think it's close enough for a rough overview:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bebop
Bleach
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Naruto
Death Note
FLCL
Princess Mononoke
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Trigun

By your definition, not only can none of these anime be "good", but we have before us ten of the worst anime of all time. Rolling Eyes Obviously there will always be unpopular masterpieces and popular drivel, but to seriously claim that popularity and quality are inversely proportional is ridiculous.

Anyway... on a more on-topic note, I suppose this is mildly good news. Perhaps I'll rewatch as a refresher while I'm waiting for the new season to materialize.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quote
By the way is there a reason Tyrenol isn't banned by now? We have much better trolls here then him.

Back to the Haruhi re-broadcast, you know what this thread was about.

Are Haruhi chan and Tsuruya chan going to stop when it starts? Because it seems like they did the whole thing out of pity.
nagato316

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote
Lonecow wrote:
suna_suna wrote:
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Another thing is they may air and stream the show in its original debut order rather then the chronological order for fans who missed out on that unique experience.

Lonecow, just leave it alone. Tyrenol is a type who likes picking intranet fights.

i certainly think they would. the broadcast order is really the only way to watch it for the first time, so i don't see why they would do it differently.

an internet fight is like Paris Hilton. it doesn't matter but people still pay attention

See I was thinking they would run it chronologically because I think half the reason they are having trouble starting season 2 is because they show was officially shown out of order, so to pick up where the series ended would be after Haruhi IV (I think) which is technically the middle of the series. If they ran it chronologically then they could immediately start season two right after it finishes the episode where they are just hanging out in the SOS room for the entire episode.

It's not a steller episode to go out on, unless they have something to show right after it.

This would especially make sense if, as often rumored, Haruhi Season 2 is the much anticipated Disappearance of Haruhi story arc. After all, the "Someday in the Rain" episode takes place in November, and the events that lead to the Disappearance would start a mere few "weeks" after that.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Are Haruhi chan and Tsuruya chan going to stop when it starts? Because it seems like they did the whole thing out of pity.

Oh my. I really hope not. After I discovered those shorts, I was incredibly happy. It was so cute too! However, I suppose getting the second season out as quick as they can would be best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3