• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's 2009 Anime Cast Revealed

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zomgheals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The April issues of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype, Tokuma Shoten's Animage, and Gakken's Animedia magazines will announce on Tuesday the Japanese main cast of the 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist anime remake series:

^ This series is a remake? or completely new?
Amaya no Hime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:40 am Reply with quote
This really can't be true... can it? If it is, I'll honestly feel so let down. Why did they change the entire cast (other than Ed, Al and Hughes)?

Since I'm stubborn, I'll just stick to the belief that someone in 2ch made a mistake. I don't think I'm going to watch this second season even though it's one of my favourite shows.
boiled_sugar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quote
Why on earth have they changed so many casts? Sad
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:45 am Reply with quote
shinichiro miki as roy mustang!!! woohoo x 2!! Very Happy
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:48 am Reply with quote
I always find it hilarious when ANN reports on official announcements in the future tense.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quote
Wow... Ed and Al, Armstrong, Hughes and Bradley got recast, but Ueda Yuji, who played Kimblee in the original series, is Havoc this time? It's like they kept who they could in the same roles, switched some people around, and filled in the rest with different actors. I would love to hear the reasoning, if anything particular, behind the partial recasting of original voices, if it's something other than availability.
calimike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
Is it remake or completely new?
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:03 am Reply with quote
calimike wrote:
Is it remake or completely new?

a Remake and it kinda makes sense to change the VA's, especially if the director/creator felt the voices didn't fit the characters based on the first series. And it helps make the series feel slightly different.
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't expect them to change you know, even ROY and RIZA. Winry's VA is a new VA (started in 2006), so I've never heard of her.
Miki Shinichirou is known for Takumi in Initial D.
Orikasa Fumiko is Rukia in Bleach.
Sparkleman and Hughes get to keep the same voices, yay!
Ueda Yuuji was Kimbley in the last Hagaren anime.
Hamada Kenji is Kirifuda Shouri in Duel Master. (Never seen it, lol)
Naduka Kaori is Nunnally in Code Geass. (I WANT SAIGA MITSUKI ;___; They better give Saiga Mitsuki a better role in FMA if she's not dubbing Maria Ross!)
Miyake Kenta is Corporal Randel Oland in Pumpkin Scissors (never heard of).
Inoue Kikuko is Kazami Mizuho in Onegai Teacher.
Shiratori Tetsu was Kain Fuery in the last Hagaren anime.
Takayama Minami is famous for Edogawa Conan in Detective Conan. She is also the singer of Two-Mix. I'm currently having difficulty picturing Conan and Envy together... Anime hyper;
Yoshino Hiroyuki is Kai in BLOOD+.
Yamadera Kouichi is Kurama from Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru *shot, no one would know the series Anime hyper*... or better known as Togusa in Ghost in the Shell? Who is Issac? Wiki says it's someone in the Ishbal war. Someone enlighten me.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote
ugh just ugh

I just hope that Funimation brings back the dub cast. Though I may not watch this series now, not because of the VAs but because it still doesn't say whether its going to be based off of the manga or not.

Who the hell is Isaac

I just checked the only time Isaac appears in the manga is when an Isaac squad has lost contact.

That's it

Their is no way in hell this character is from the manga

This is going to suck

Last edited by Charred Knight on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Electrastar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:58 am Reply with quote
I'm so dissapointed...I honestly don't know if I'll watch it, even if I was exicited about it. I loved the original Japanese cast, I can't believe so many actors were left out of the remake... Espicially the actor who played Roy, he did an amazing job as him..they cast a much younger actor this time which makes no sense... He played Roy in the OAVs and the games when the series ended, why would they change him now... it really sucks... I thought Japan always kept the same voice actors for roles (Unlike in US and Canadian dubbing) this is really a HUGE let down. Sad

Just saw the characters...who the hell is Isaac???
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:03 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
ugh just ugh

I just hope that Funimation brings back the dub cast. Though I may not watch this series now, not because of the VAs but because it still doesn't say whether its going to be based off of the manga or not.

Who the hell is Isaac

I just checked the only time Isaac appears in the manga is when an Isaac squad has lost contact.

That's it

Their is no way in hell this character is from the manga

This is going to suck

if ur not leaving the anime because of the cast,,then wy do u want funimation to get the same cast as bfore...

and by the looks of ,,it looks like people didn't like fma as an anime but rather liked the cast....if that is the case ,,then i advice u people to go watch animes which have the guys who did the voice acting for fma characters in the first anime...that would really filter the FMA anime fans from the FMA cast fans....
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
I may not watch it if its just a new Fullmetal Alchemist series not really based off of the manga.

From what it looks like Square Enix just ordered that a Fullmetal Alchemist anime be made without ordering that it be based off of the manga. So what where probably going to get AT BEST is the same thing as the first FMA anime series similar first half's completely different second halfs.

I am begenning to suspect that's why we haven't seen any info on wether or not this is actually based off of the manga, unlike say Hellsing Ultimate where it was stated right off the bat that it would truer to the original Hellsing.

I don't understand why the hell they would release the name of some character named Isaac instead of say Dr. Marcoh.

Last edited by Charred Knight on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote
zomgheals wrote:
Quote:
The April issues of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype, Tokuma Shoten's Animage, and Gakken's Animedia magazines will announce on Tuesday the Japanese main cast of the 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist anime remake series:

^ This series is a remake? or completely new?

it is a completely NEW series..its not remastered or anything like DBZ KAI (which is apparently launching on the same day that fma is).
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
Well this was bound to happen. Not everyone who worked on the old series would be available to work on the new one, or would necessarliy want to, so they had to do what they could. As long as the two main players are the same I'm good with everything else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 13