• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Sale Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oriana3k

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Where: Akadot.com
What is the Sale: 45% off of orders of $60 or more
How to get the Sale: Use code xmas2012
Expiration Date: Valid 12/19-12/26
Shipping: Free shipping (up to $15) to the continental US on orders over $50
Tax: Only in CA - 8.75%, last I checked
Additional Notes: Stock includes manga from DMP (yaoi, hentai, and general imprints), Japanese imports, plus miscellaneous non-manga items. Also, with numerous books on clearance for $2-5, there is massive potential for ridiculous savings.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Whoops, got busy for a while. Laughing

Where: GoHastings.com
What is the Sale: Progressing sale off Used Books, CDs, Movies, and Games. Buy 2 = 20% off, buy 3 = 30% off, buy 4 = 40% off.
How to get Sale: Use code TOONCES.
Expiration Date: Jan 29, 2013
Shipping: 96¢ on entire book order. Only ships to continental US, APO, FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories.
Tax: Only applies in states where Hastings has a physical store. (Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming).
Additional Notes: Sale is off used items only. It's easiest to search GoHastings' inventory for books with ISBNs.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
What is the Sale: Buy 2 Used Get 2 More for $2. (Used Books, CDs, Movies)
How to get Sale: Use code GOPHIL.
Expiration Date: Feb 2, 2013
Shipping: 96¢ on entire book order. Only ships to continental US, APO, FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories.
Tax: Only applies in states where Hastings has a physical store. (Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming).
Additional Notes: Sale is off used items only. It's easiest to search GoHastings' inventory for books with ISBNs.[/quote]
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
This isn't exactly a sale, per se, but I'd just like to note that Amazon has a lot of volumes of Fairy Tail around 40% off. (from 37%-45%)

Fairy Tail 1 $6.03 45%
Fairy Tail 2 $6.85 38%
Fairy Tail 3 $6.03 45%
Fairy Tail 4 $6.03 45%

Fairy Tail 13 $6.03 45%
Fairy Tail 14 $6.03 45%
Fairy Tail 15 $6.96 37%

Fairy Tail 21 $6.03 45%
Fairy Tail 22 $6.03 45%
Fairy Tail 23 $6.48 41%
Fairy Tail 24 $6.59 40%

Fairy Tail 29 $6.14 44%

(No idea how long it'll last, but if you've been thinking about starting Fairy Tail, now's the time! Very Happy)
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Just ordered fairy tail 1 off amazon UK today...they have sales on there like they pay tax, which is to say they don't. at least not for manga lol.

Been meaning to start it and with the accelerated release about to kick off i thought it was about time to get a move on.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote
Where: Right Stuf
What is the Sale: 32% off most in-stock items.
How to get the Sale: Use code spring2013.
Expiration Date: Apr 10, 2013
Shipping: Free Domestic Economy Shipping on orders over $49. Otherwise, see Shipping Rates.
Tax: Only applies in Iowa.
Additional Notes: If you have a Got Anime? Membership you will get an additional 10% off (making it ~40% off total).

Also, if you ever wanted to get 20th Century Boys, now would be a good time to do that.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
What is the Sale: Get 30% off when you buy 3 or more used Books, Movies, or CDs
How to get Sale: Use code VWORPVWORP.
Expiration Date: April 14, 2013
Additional Notes: Sale is off used items only. It's easiest to search GoHastings' inventory for books with ISBNs.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Since Fantagraphics has some manga in its catalog (and is just fantastic for comics in general)...

Where: Fantagraphics Books
What is the Sale: It's not so much a sale as it is a coupon that costs $50 for the purpose of being redeemed for $100 worth of comics
How to get the Sale: Buy the $50 coupon, wait until April 16th to receive your unique code, and then redeem the code for a purchase over $100
Expiration Date: To get the coupon? April 15th, 2013.
Shipping: N/A
Tax: N/A
Additional Notes: Umm, you can buy multiple coupons? The description for the coupon has the details, so it wouldn't be of much use to regurgitate it here.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
Anyone know of any UK manga sales? I got some ordering i want to do but id like to make that cash go a little further
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
will take that as a no then
lys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
So... I think this qualifies as a sale—
Where: Kinokuniya USA
What is the Sale: Free shipping, any size order
How to get the Sale: Place an order through website on Tuesday, April 23, ship to US state.
Expiration Date: Valid 9pm PST 4/22 through 11:59pm PST 4/23
Shipping: free in US
Tax: probably applied if you live in CA, OR, WA, NY... (states with Kino retail stores)
Additional Notes: You can also apply for a membership ($20, gives you 10% off orders for a year)—apply by phone/fax/email (it's a little awkward—I emailed them and got a phone call to confirm a couple days later) or in-store.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
Where: MidtownComics.com
What is the Sale: 40% off Manga.
How to get the Sale: Use codeword DESU.
Expiration Date: Apr 30, 2013
Shipping: Free Domestic Economy Mail on orders over $75. Otherwise, see Shipping Rates.
Tax: Only applies if you ship to New York.
Additional Notes: New releases may not qualify for the sale.

Where: Right Stuf
What is the Sale: 33% Off All Books From Yen Press.
How to get the Sale: Discount already applied.
Expiration Date: Apr 29, 2013
Shipping: Free Domestic Economy Shipping on orders over $49. Otherwise, see Shipping Rates.
Tax: Only applies in Iowa.
Additional Notes: If you have a Got Anime? Membership you will get an additional 10% off (making it ~40% off total).

What is the Sale: Get 33% off when you buy 3 or more used Books, Movies, or CDs
How to get Sale: Use code JUSTJACK.
Expiration Date: April 27, 2013
Additional Notes: Sale is off used items only. It's easiest to search GoHastings' inventory for books with ISBNs. It says "sale excludes graphic novels," but I'm honestly not sure if Hastings considers manga "graphic novels" or not, so I'm just posting it.

And if you like yaoi/DMP manga, Akadot's apparently having a BIG CLEARANCE SALE (their capitalization, not mine). They also have quite a few books in their Everything Under $5
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4