• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eureka Seven -- movie trailer released.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green_link

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote
for anyone who is interested the trailer has been released for the new eureka seven movie, called pocket full of rainbows.

check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3J9GMQgUMA

original posting at the erueka seven fourms:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Seven/index.php?showtopic=5466&st=0
David.Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote
im actually a bit excited about this. hope they do better with this than they did with Rahxephon. I was a bit disappointed with that movie. The series was much better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
G-mofactor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quote
The trailer shows used scenes from the original series and it seems that Eureka and Renton has different roles, especially when the trailer showed a scene of Renton in the cockpit of Nirvash looking down at Eureka quite similar (but yet the opposite) of the scene in episode 1 of the original TV-series.
I somehow have the impression that the movie for Eureka SeveN is an alternate retelling of the story, much like with Escaflowne movie.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quote
well, i hope that is the case. While I wasn't the biggest fan of the Escaflowne movie, At least it treated us to a new experience with updated visuals and story elements rather than a condensed version of the show with a few new scenes thrown in (im looking at you Rahxephon). While I would love to see this on the big screen, i know the odds of this happening are very slim. I want to see the new Eva movie too, but its (probably) not going to be shown anywhere near me. And I live like 30 minutes away from San Fransisco! You'd think that in a city as diverse as that (with its own "Japan town") one or two theaters in the area would show an anime movie every now and then (besides Hayao Miyazaki flicks).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
judging by this trailer, it's another Fullmetal Alchemist type of deal, meaning it's the same story, but closer to the manga this time.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:05 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
judging by this trailer, it's another Fullmetal Alchemist type of deal, meaning it's the same story, but closer to the manga this time.

Except, unlike FMA, the E7 manga was based on the anime series, which was the original work, not the other way around.
abynormal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quote
Mukyuu? Is Eureka turning into Nodame in this movie?

Looks pretty sweet. I'll always have some love for Eureka 7. Not sure how I feel about the new mascot character, though. I don't think E7 needs one other than the Nirvash.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this. It's actually looking like it could be better than the original series. Don't get me wrong I liked the series, but there were somethings that I thought could have done better. I actually thought that it would have made a better movie or OVA. So here's hoping that this is everything we've been waiting for.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quote
now this is going to be a good movie
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote
It is an alternate retelling, different universe type of thing. They'll be reusing footage from the series, but it will mostly be new footage.
I REAAAALLLY can't wait to see this movie. The first half of the trailer had alot of old footage, but the second half was all new and really made me excited. Long haired Eureka? Old Anemone? Can't wait to find out what's going on. I hope Bandai releases this here and on Blu Ray and speedily! They've done a good job with their movies releases, so I'm looking forward to it.
G-mofactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
It is an alternate retelling, different universe type of thing. They'll be reusing footage from the series, but it will mostly be new footage.
I REAAAALLLY can't wait to see this movie. The first half of the trailer had alot of old footage, but the second half was all new and really made me excited. Long haired Eureka? Old Anemone? Can't wait to find out what's going on. I hope Bandai releases this here and on Blu Ray and speedily! They've done a good job with their movies releases, so I'm looking forward to it.

It seems that we have a common presumption concerning the movie.
I believe it to have a strong chance that the movie will be an alternate story, because not only the things that was stated before, but the staff (especially the producer) makes it a high probability.
As much as I want to to have a continuation from the original series, I think the TV-series ending episode that does not leave a bad taste in the mouth will suffice. However, there are still people that are pretty disappointed; even though the manga is also another way to go to have another Eureka SeveN experience.
Looking back of what I said in the past, I relate the Eureka Movie to the Escaflowne Movie because it seems fitting in concern of the staff, the setting, and time constraints. I mean, in observation, it is almost like tour-de-force story line that puts a different spin from what we know; and maybe the idea behind as well is to attract new comers.
azndragon4k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote
well the old footage could just be flashbacks and not a retelling
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
It is officially a retelling....sort of. There was a Newtype article about it, and a translation on the forums of an anime website I'm pretty sure I can't link to, but here's what they say, along with the article.

Scan of the article: http://i41.tinypic.com/20gicnt.jpg
And what a user on that forum had to say:
Quote:
The movie is set in a world where mankind has been at war with the mysterious lifeforms known as Image for over half a century. Renton joined the battleship Gekko-go as a member 8 years ago to search for the kidnapped Eureka. Now, in the battlefield, he will meet her again.

Dominic is supposed to be a teacher to Renton and Eureka when they lived in Warsaw 8 years ago. One day after telling them about the legend surrounding the Snow Moon Flowers, he vanishes. Eureka is described as a young girl whose body reacts strangely to direct sunlight. She's captured by the military and kept as their most guarded secret. To get her back, he entered the military. 8 years later, Renton will enter the battlefield with his favorite mech Nirvash.

The article goes on to specify that the story is brand new, and while the names and circumstances might be the same, the worldview and scenario is completely original. It also mentions that while there will be many new animated scenes in the movie, "by rearranging the scenes from the TV series footage, a brand new story and drama can be shown."

Also a summary of the article on this site: http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2009/01/23/058/index.html

Quote:
Story stuff:

- The movie is set in 2054 AD, and Holland is the captain of the Gekko-go, a ship leading the 303th Independant Combat Division fighting the war against the Image lifeforms

- Renton is the Nirvash pilot on board the Gekko-go, fighting in the military because he wants to find Eureka and get her back

- The love story between Renton and Eureka is a test of the bonds of love. They will have to face duty and emotions, truth and lies, the past and the future, life and death, reality and dreams, and Holland himself.

- The story will lead to the climax of the war against the Image, and show the entire world the birth of a new mythology.

Movie details:

- The theme of the movie is "rebirth" and the movie is considered a rebirth of the Eureka 7 themes, characters and designs.

- The footage in the movie will be a mix of "lots of brand new footage" as well as "footage adapted from the TV series footage", creating a brand new feature.

- The movie is NOT a re-edit movie, and there will be over 40% of brand new footage that is not based on any TV footage.

- The movie is 115 minutes long.

Staff details:

- Kyoda is not just the overall director of the project, but also the script editor. This means Dai Sato is not involved with this movie like he was in the TV series.

- Muraki is the special effects director specifically in charge of mecha battle scenes in the movie. One of his accomplishments in the movie is said to be a single continous aerial combat scene that lasts for 12.5 seconds.

So it seems like a retelling with quite a few changes to the mythology.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited about this. I'm also excited that Bandai finally made the first season of the series available for pre-order. Granted, it won't be out until June, but I'm very excited since I've been waiting since the show finished on TV.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:38 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm excited about this. I'm also excited that Bandai finally made the first season of the series available for pre-order. Granted, it won't be out until June, but I'm very excited since I've been waiting since the show finished on TV.

Thanks for that bit of info! I was checking Amazon just last week and nothing. Now it's there. It must've been a very recent addition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2