• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: MPD-Psycho GN 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
but few series manga two such moves unscathed, let alone one,

Manga? I think you mean manage.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:
Quote:

Wow, if that's the only criticism of a review by Ms. Brienza, she must be totally on the mark! Usually people seem to nitpick every statement she makes.

Reading Kuroshitsuji Corpse Delivery Service has made me want to pick up this series, but having not read a volume, I can't follow a dang thing that this review is talking about. I believe you that the plot is complex, but given that it continued past this volume, hopefully it did clear up. Lots of series hit snags, lulls, etc. and manage to pull through. Of course, every now and then they also crash and burn...
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Kuroshitsuji Corpse Delivery Service

Really? The Kuroshitsuji Corpse Delivery Service, eh? Sounds like an interesting crossover between these two series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:

Really? The Kuroshitsuji Corpse Delivery Service, eh? Sounds like an interesting crossover between these two series.

Embarassed I type too fast sometimes...

Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service. That would make for a really, really bad crossover fanfiction.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:
Quote:

Really? Is that all?

Based on the context earlier in the paragraph I figured it was supposed to read:

"but few series manage one such move unscathed, let alone two"

Either way, there's a typo in there somewhere, we all all make em.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:15 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Jedi General wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:

Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service. That would make for a really, really bad crossover fanfiction.

Well, I love Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service but I read two volumes of MPD Psycho and I didn't like it at all. The art is below average and the story is not that interesting with occasional flashes of extreme violence just for the sake of it.
RedHotFunk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote
Pirkaf wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Jedi General wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:

Well, I love Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service but I read two volumes of MPD Psycho and I didn't like it at all. The art is below average and the story is not that interesting with occasional flashes of extreme violence just for the sake of it.

Damn, it looked intriguing and after initially hearing about Kurosagi up top, I might have been interested in at least checking this out. Perhaps I'll do a bit of reading up ahead and get other comments. Kurosagi was fantastic, and is one of the reasons why Suspense/Thriller manga are increasingly becoming more interesting for me to read Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1