• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How often does your TRSI order get damaged?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manicli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
I've received 4 orders from TRSI this year and all of them had atleast one DVD case broken. Now I live in Canada so I don't know if this is common or not. How often does your TRSI order come damaged?
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
I've never had a TRSI shipment arrive damaged in the three years I've been buying from them. They make a point of packing everything securely. But since you live in Canada, it's probably because your packages are being raided by customs before they arrive at your door.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
Never, unless you count things like the DVD holder part of the case being broken. But I just view that as something that could have happened at any time from it leaving the factory to when it arrived at my PO box. The cases themselves and more importantly the discs, have never shown any damage from shipping.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
Just once, the top of my Inuyasha boxset got a little smooshed on the top. But that didn't bug me, as they are always good with packing things and looked like it was just one of those times it got squished by some other box in shipping.

Now, I've heard ALOT of story of Canadian packages, no matter where they were from, get wreaked by customs. They don't treat alot of stuff with respect there, apparently. I've seen some strange damage, as if someone thought it was a GOOD idea to stick a heavy box onto a small, light bubble mailer :/
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
I've been ordering from TRSI for years and in all that time I have only had to return 2 DVDs due to damage incurred during shipping. In both instances the disks were scratched because they had come off of the spindle and had been rattling around loose in the case, which is something that could have happened anywhere between the factory and my mailbox. Given the number of damaged shipments you cite, i'd be inclined to lay the blame at the feet of Canadian Customs.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
If there is damage to the DVD case and no obvious damage to the TRSI box it came in it is probably from the factory. In the past I have had a DVD case crushed on one corner with no damage to the cardboard sleeve that surrounded it. I figure the damage was done before the DVD was put into the case.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
50+ packages (usually with several items per package) over almost 3.5 years -> never had a broken item of any description (and, of course, I'm in Canada).
varmintx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Ordering for years, never had a problem. I think TRSI has the best packaging of any online retailer and I've pretty much shopped with them all.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I've only ever had one order with them, and it made it across the pond absolutely fine. They packed it amazingly well, far better than any other online (anime or not) retailer I've used.
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I've been ordering from them for for about 6 years and never had a problem. You have either been really unlucky or your customs guys are man handlers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Never had anything broken, a few bruised boxes but everything intact. I wish amazon packed their stuff as good as RightStuf as they love throwing my DVDs into those manila bubble envelopes so they get stomped on by UPS and USPS. Drives me crazy. Mad
Altacia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Only once but, It was one of the Bargain Bin items which I assume one has to allow to have some damage.

It was a DVD case, Whole side was broken somehow but the discs inside were fine. Nothing else in the UPS box was damaged either.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I've been ordering from them since 2004 and don't recall any problems other than the odd "floater" now and again, none of which were actually damaged.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Maybe customs in your area hired those apes from the old luggage commercial. Wink
Veers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
When I ordered Eden of the East, the disc case had a slash in the plastic on the cover but other than that I can't think of anything in 4 years of ordering from them ever arriving in less than excellent condition. TRSI packages their stuff very well.
manicli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
I've been ordering from them for for about 6 years and never had a problem. You have either been really unlucky or your customs guys are man handlers.

I think I just have really bad luck, one case in my last order came so damaged, it was actually cracked in half....... But yeah I have half a dozen broken dvd cases on my shelf that came damaged.

@Blood-
consider yourself lucky.... real lucky. I think my delivery guy just hates me Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4